cannelton bank fishing closed

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by beespringer, May 28, 2009.

1. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I went to Cannelton yesterday evening to do some cattin, had skips and live gills ,well they have a guard at the last fork before you get to the dam and he informed me as of the 26th there would be no access to the dam,:angry::angry:
    You can drive straight at the fork and fish on the beach around 3/4s mile from the dam.I ended up fishing at hawesville by the bridge had a couple of runs but no fish. Billy

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i wonder why they would do that ... maybe the water rising has something to do with it.

3. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    There puttin in a hydroelectric power house at the dam

4. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I heard the channel cats hit pretty good over on that side of the beech. at least they dont have the WHOLE thing closed down.

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    billy I went down there monday evening and that gaurd was there then:confused2: but the sign right before him said they were closing off access on the 26 wich was the next day so I drove right past him and turned in the bulldozer road and came in behind the gard and went on to the dam.:big_smile: when I left I went on out the road and the gard jump out and asked what I was doing told him I was leaving after fishing for skips. he started to tell me that I was not supose to have been back there and I pointed out the sign to him then he was like well OK then and we stood there talking for a few.

that sand bar is a good place to fish as well. I would just walk it back up as close to the dam as they will let you get. but have you ever tryed the IN side fishing right at the end of the wall in the lock is also a great spot. to get there just go over the bridge to IN and turn right at first light there by the liquor store go the three miles or so you'll see the locks the road goes right beside it but as you get to it you'll see the gravel area were everyone pulls off. if you see a few cars there dont pannic its not all fished up a few IN people park there for car pooling. I have only fished over there once while someone else was down there.

6. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    instead of going to the dam just go straight to the creek and walk down the bank. fish the mouth but throw as far out in the river as you can around ther tree that is in the water. have caught alot of nice cats in the summer time right there. nice spot to camp also

7. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Hey Leroy I appreciate the info,no Ive never fished the indiana side but I will give it a try in the future.were gonna have to get together sometime and do some fishin!:wink: Billy

8. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sounds good Billy I thought I sent you my #'s in a IM to you a few ago but if you lost them I'll send um again so we can hook up some time. I need all the help I can get.
    its looking like me and the boy are going to go down to rough river tail waters again tonight and see whats going on down that way. we will probly be there from 6ish to 9 or 10ish I'd say unless the bite is great then maybe longer but I wouldnt think it will be to good because they realy should have the lake down to summer pool now so they are probly not droping out much water now. They cut it about half back yesterday( road over there on my bike to check it out) wasnt much going on then either one guy been catching a few crappies and me and a few others picking up a cat or a stripe every now an then.