Canned Salmon Or Tuna as catfish bait??

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by truckin4x4, Aug 21, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    Has Anyone Ever Catfish With Canned Samin Or Tuna? I Was Just Think That I Think That It Would Be Good Bait. They Both Stink Like H...

2. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    Where Is Everyone At Tonight?
    I Think That This Would Be A Great Stink Bait

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Rob, I have seen both used in home made dip baits and with success. But have never tried it myself. Tuna nor salmon makes it very long in my house.

4. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    benji... i don't have to worry about the tuna in my mouth but samon cook is to die for.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    This is an interesting question, and I look forward to hearing others' experiences. Tuna is certainly an inexpensive alternative to chicken livers, at least around here.

How about chumming with tuna--would it work?

6. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    Take either one and put a golfball size piece in a pantyhose and tie off the top. Hook it and cast it out. It works for eater size channels and bullheads.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How interesting! I have never heard of it,but it's something I might try. Here's reps for ya.----------------pk powell:smile2:

8. bigkatking

bigkatking Member

State:
    ky
    you might try chicken brest cut up and soaked in tuna oil

9. David12171951

David12171951 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I use cheap weiners cut about 1/2 inch soaked in Strawberry-Banana. Just mix the Jello with a little warm water to just thinner than a paste, then soak weiner pieces in it over night or so in fridge. I use an old Butter bowl. Works good in a pond for Channels and some blues.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    salmon patties work very well, ive never used the can stuff but if you go to the grocerie store and buy the pattie or the felliet kind you can leave it out just long enough for it to start sweating and releasing the oil from the meat,cut it in bait size pieces and use it.i find it works really well. I had a buddy i met on here that i fish with from time to time show me that.

11. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    I used canned oysters with pantyhose with great success on big channels. Find the drops and ledges and cast in and hold on.