Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first rod and reel was a cane pole with a cork float and a rusty worm hook and some kind of cotton cord ...... for bait had to dig in the barn lot for worms under the cow manure. Ahh those were the days!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Not only do I remember what it tastes like, but I remember having to go down to the outhouse to get rid of it when I was through with it. And I've dug a stock well by hand.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Oh yeah I do. We'd stop at a farm on the way back from fishin and get some water. Grandma had a pump in the yard, it was always cold and had a good taste to it. Nice earthy smell. Where I worked when I got outa high school I drank outa the well. When we were kids we drank outa field tile when we were walkin beans. In them days it was still ok to do that. Now days I don't think I would.

Cane poles, that was fishin. Seemed like the best way, but sometimes the fish were just a little farther than it would reach. When I was a younger guy lots of older guys had them tied to the mirrors of the passenger side of the car.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Dear Brother Rob;
Oooohhh Yes, how do I remember!
Didn't know just how good I really had it back then! Now, the older I get the more I wish I could go back sometimes! But, I can't, except in GOOD Memories when men were men and the women like them that way, and women were women and the men liked them that way! When I handshake meant more than any legal document or piece of paper and a man's "Word" meant something!! :big_smile:
Do I remember? Sometimes all too well! To BAD that some of those "Old Time" values got lost in time on the way to "Today"! The World would be a better place if we all would just remember a few of them and apply them to daily life! Of course, this is just my opinion. One of the few freedoms we still have left!
Going to go before I get too maudlin! Looks like I might have already done so!:sad2::embarassed:
Fraternally,
Coyote1
[[[[[ End of Post ]]]]]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.