Candy for catfish bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by TA2D, May 21, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I am going to try some strawberry Mike and Ikes this morning. Has anyone had any success using candy for bait, I have heard that marshmellows will work, and gummy worms can work for bass. Will post results later today.

Aaron

TA2D

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I caught an 18 inch trout on a gummy worm just messing around once. Probably just freaky luck though.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I don't know trout may be the prettyboys fish, but they eat some weird stuff! I have caught bluegils on corn that had pixie stix candy mixed in it.

Aaron

4. lcjsse

lcjsse New Member

State:
    missouri
    i seen a dad fishing off a dock one day when his kid asked him not to dirty his hook with a worm and use something yummy like a gummy worm and 10 minutes later pulled up a 10 lb. channel.

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have seen folks use licorish (spelling?) stick before with success. think it might be the anise oil or extract in it.

6. M Welch

M Welch New Member

State:
    Texas
    You are correct in that assumtion. Black jelly beans work too because of the anise extract.

-M Welch

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I never used Mike & Ikes but I have used the little marshmellows and shrimp, like a ka-bob two MM and one shrimp. nothing big caught but it did catch fish.

8. Ironhead

Ironhead New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Caught one with a cigarette butt once when I ran out of bait. I have no idea how it worked or what the hell I was thinking. Sometimes the retarded ideas work the best.:lol:

9. J WIED

J WIED New Member

State:
    Shawano.Wisconsin
    I've caught a catfish with a cigarette butt in its stomach once on the mighty mississippi river and my cousin used to use her gum to catch some fish but i cant remember what she caught

10. mdudes17

mdudes17 New Member

State:
    Chicago, Illinois
    one of my fishing buddies caught some cats on cigarette butts when he ran out of bait too.