Candle holders

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by Graywolf, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    here is some candle holders I made a couple of years ago. They are made out of pine I had laying around. I stained them red oak and three coats of polyurethane.

Attached Files:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    those are good lookin holders

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks for sharing Gary! Those are cute and perfect for Valentine's Day, bro :smile2:.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary your are talented with wood work. Nice looking candle holders, Thanks for Sharing. Much Appreciated.:big_smile:

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice looking projects.

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Gary, those look good buddy, I know June loves them. Thanks for sharing with us. Have you got your shop set up the way you want it yet?

7. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Them are some good lookin candle holders Gary

8. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I like the design!

9. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Thanks folks I appreciate the post. I got saw dust in my system methinks.

Jim, no I don't have the shop set up yet. We bought a house last July. It is 100 years old. We don't have to replace any walls, it just needed cleaning and paint. The garage is made for a model-T I think. The inside dimensions is 18 X 12 feet, the truck will not fit into it so I made it my shop. It is much bigger than the shed I had (8 X 8). So I felt I had a big shop until I put tools in it. Anyway the previous owner ran one number 14 wire from the house to the shop to run two lights and the door. So I have to rewire and insulate. It got cold on me so I haven't done anything as of yet. It's going to be one of my summer projects. June wants me to get it finished because it benefits her too (most!!:sweet_kiss: ).
    My shop has always been in the yard. I remember you telling me, Jim, that the shop is used to store tools. I took that to heart. My biggest problem is saw dust. I use to saw and the dust went into the yard which helped the grass, now I sweep all the time, shop vac has been used more the last 7 months that in the last 3 years. But I sure do love the smell of wood being cut.

10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Gary, it isn't the size of your shop, it is the fun you have slangin sawdust that counts and the finished projects are just gravy. I forgot that up your way when it gets cold it is really cold. You are going to love it when you get all set up the way you want it to be. We want a bunch of pictures of your shop when you do get it set up, buddy.

11. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Dust is just one of those evils that comes with a shop! LOL
    When the weather is good, I'll sometimes open all the doors and windows and use my leaf blower and blow out what I can't sweep up or get with the shop vac.
    Makes one heck of a cloud!!

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    lookin good! you got talent!

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    nice work thanks for the pics