Can you trust a guy using a PINK fishing pole???

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Critter Getter, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    While we were trying to catch some bait this morning I noticed something funny about Eric's (OhioRiver) fishing pole. I wasn't sure if it was because I had been up for close to 24 hours already and just got off work a couple hours earlier or if his pole really was pink. I rubbed my eyes a few times and looked again and sure enough his pole was pink as can be!!! :eek:oooh: He swore up and down when I confronted him about the off colored fishin rod that it was his sisters...:roll_eyes:

After the deep discussions over pink fishing rods we did manage a few smaller fish. Eric's cousin caught his first river cat, a lil channel cat with a bad attitude. Morning had to get cut a bit short because I had to go back to work but hopefully we'll get to go again pretty soon, without the pink fishing pole, all the older fellers at the ramp were looking at me funny when they seen that durn thing sticking up outta the boat...

Attached Files:

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats pretty funny! when i get blue gills and stuff i use my exes 33 rod reel combo and its white and purple :embarassed:

3. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    it works. My wife & I have a stuffed pink cat that I take with me while fishing. :cool2: He (the cat) has seemed brought me good luck when I outfish a boc member. When the cat's not with me I seem to get skunked more. :confused2:

4. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Funny but i can't say nothin my daughter got a pink pole like that for her birthday and it somehow ended up in my boat as one of my bait rods now that she's done bluegillin for the year, I look around everytime i use it I don't know y i just feel like someone is watchin me :eek:oooh: BTW its my go to bait rod plus i think of her everytime i use it so I like the pink pole :cool2:

5. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana

:eek:oooh:

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    everytime i use my ex wifes rod it pisses me off and i want to snap that damn thing! but the i sit back and realize that if i break it then i cant have bait because it seems to be the only bait rod i have that will catch me bait, skips, gills, moonies etc... i think its cuz its girly. the fish see that and are like awe its a flamer.....lets make him feel like a man for a change.:roll_eyes:

7. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I needed a good laugh today thanks!

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    A pink rod. :roll_eyes: A pink cat. :confused2: A good team for fishing.:cool2:

9. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    :smile2: It would be a last resort for me..:eek:oooh::confused2: I use my cardinal 302 spinning reels.

10. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    My gf has 2 of them pink rods. She takes them out on the boat with me all the time. SSShhhhhh.... i dont tell her, but i use it to bust bream up!!:tounge_out:

11. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    It is of no consequence.
    As long as it performs it's intended function well , I'd gladly utilize one.

12. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I must admit I use my wifes pink Shakespear ultra lite to catch perch sometimes. Im sure I get some looks at the park. Big guy with beard, big truck, lil pink ultra lite, lol.

13. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana

Its my sisters! :big_smile: And it caught me that nice 1-ish lb sauger the night before. Good eatin!

14. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Real men arent afraid to use pink poles lol.

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    at least it matched his dress:smile2:

16. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Sounds like from the luck everyone is having with the pink rods we all need to get one :wink::smile2:

17. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

you aint lyin

18. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hell im gonna get ahold of ugly stick and ask them to make a heavy action cat rod and to support breast cancer awareness and make a pink rod. and when they do i will have three! :smile2:

19. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

i think i have seen the pink uglies up to medium hvy down here and 7'

20. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    Have started seeing a lot of pink poles in stores. They were right next to the pink tutu's. So as long as he don't wear a matching tutu I wouldn't worry much about it. lol