Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the fishing regulations, but was not able to find the section i was looking for. In PA, are you allowed to take B'gills, sunnies from one water system and use them in another? I was planning on catching bait from a local creek and then using them in a river---is that legal?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
yes as long as the bait isnt from lake erie because of viral hemmoragic septicemia disease, they've got issues with up there. thats the only restriction. But this is really odd. I read about this in the pa outdoor life newspaper awhile back. but the fishing regs dont mention it. they just say if you have questions regarding this disease to call the nw regional office. (page 9 in manual). maybe it went to press before the announcement?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
http://www.fish.state.pa.us/fishpub/summary/bait.html

Releasing fish from another state, province, or country into Commonwealth waters is illegal without written permission from the Commission. Transferring fish from one Pennsylvania watershed to another where that species is not always present is also illegal without written consent from the Commission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.