Can you say Hot Wiings??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ShilohRed, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes I did some Hot wings on the smoker last night. Only left them in the marinade for 3 hours.
    Will smoke the rest tonight and they have been in 20 hours.:big_smile: Man they were good. Warm with pepper and the skin was just right. Not rubber and not burnt. but just a good brown color and crisp..
    Man I sure will be glad when 6 pm gets here. Will do the rest of them. :wink:
    Pete

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Pete,
    Now you done went and mentioned one of my favorite all time foods. I love hot wings, buffalo wings, teriyaki wings, and just about any other way good wings are fixed.
    Now I got to go and find something to eat and wish it was some good hot wings.:sad2:
    Do you offer mail order on those wings? They sound great.:big_smile::smile2:

Thanks
    David

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Pete, never thought of smoking chcken wings. If you smoked them I know they must be really good!

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    the best place anywhere i found for HOT WINGs is the chicken shack in NYC if you can eat 6 of the hottest you get your pic on the wall and a Tshirt.. my fingers burned from the touch and it wasnt heat and my nose ran too much.. but i got 2 down..i payed for that.

5. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds good Pete.....now im gunna have to get me some wings lol.

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Dang,
    Now I am so desperate for wings I am going to have to run to wal mart or maybe get some of the KFC hot wings. I know they are not in the same class but I am getting desperate.:embarassed::still_dreaming::dribble: I need some good hot wings.:after_boom: The best wings I have ever eaten in my life were in Mathews NC (Just outside of Charlotte) @ Mathews Township Grill.:still_dreaming:
    Darn, I have an addiction to wings, I need some help.:smile2:

Thanks
    David

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pete you have made us all hungry. Those hot wings sound great.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

I use 1 cup of my home made BBQ sauce, Then 1 cup of my home made BBQ Mop and then 10 table spoons of Hot sauce.
    That is it.
    And when I get them out of the smoker I will try and remember to get a shot of them.

janzaldo Thanks Buddy there like my Smoked chicken tender and juicy..

Big Dav I will mail you 5 lbs for that new 997 :tounge_out:

skawez I ate some one time, Like that it was on the south West side of NYC. I did good. One one down. And that was it.
    Pete

9. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Do you accept packages to a PO box or physical address.:smile2: You ship the wings first.:roll_eyes::smile2:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i love hot wings. hotter the better.

i made some years ago. soaked em in raw hot sauce for hours before cooking. tobasco and a couple i cant remember. they had red color even in the bone from the vinager based sauce. my buddie was sweating profusly as he ate. there is a bar/grill in bloomington il called mugsys. hottest wings in town they say. my buddie said" mugsys says they have the hottest wings in town, they aint got s%^# on these". lol

send me some too pete.:wink:

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pete! what in the worlds wrong with you??? That is just plain torture. I smoke them all of the time in the summer. and if I make them in the house I usually add a touch of liquid smoke. I cane eat e'm hot boy's, but don't enjoy them as much as a milder one with a good smoked bar-b-cue flavor..:wink:

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Jack these were not hot (Marilyn does not like them hot) just good. LOL Tender and juicy from the smoker. And that good Hot Wing taste with the smoke flavor. Man they were good.
    Was going to take a Photo to post. But they were gone when I thought of it.
    Also the skin on them was more like deep fried and sticky fingers after eating Them

Big Dav mailing address only. LOL
    Pete

13. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Pete,
    Brother you are killing me. I just ate dinner and now I am hungry again.:dribble:
    Your description of the wings is the next best thing to smellavision.
    :feel_good::still_dreaming::ah::byebye:

Thanks for sharing,:smile2::eek:oooh:
    David

14. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I made some last weekend for the Daytona Race.Had my sauce settle for 72 hours and and all I can say is BAM. I had 5 guys with noses running faster than the cars.

15. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    hey try this:tounge_out: cook th wings any way you normally would, then melt a 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup franks hot sauce together, pour on and mix well. simple :big_smile: :cool2:

16. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Awwwww man, now I will have the want for some of your wings all day. Man I can taste them now. I am droolin so hard my fingers keep slidin off the key board.LOL I can truly say I have never had smoked chicken as good as yours buddy.

17. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Guys, the best wings that I've eaten were also the simplest to make. Just take all your wings, put them in a ziploc baggy, and dump in a bunch of Louisiana hot sauce or Tabasco. I know, it sounds like it'll roast your guts on fire, but most of the heat cooks right out and leaves a fantastic flavor. These work either on the smoker (we usually get impatient & finish them in the oven) or on the grill.

Another very easy recipe is to soak them the same way in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce & then grill them or smoke them. They come out very very tasty. My buddies and I are meat-smoking addicts. If you can name it, chances are we've tried to smoke it. Some of it comes out way better than expected (like the $5 blocks of balogna we always smoke) and some comes out pretty nasty (we tried a wild hog ham once.... smelled just like pig feces) but we always have a great time smoking meats & downing the obligatory beers while doing it. If you wanna have a fun hobby, build yourself a smoker & go to it. It's fun fun fun, and honestly pretty difficult to screw up good meat on a smoker, if you take your time. My favorite meats to cook are of course briskets, pork shoulders, and pork butts. All turn out exceptionally good.

18. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Way to go now your torchering me since I've got 3 minutes to lunch time and Im just having crab salad.

19. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Pete do you really smoke your wings for 20hrs? How do they not dry out smoking them that long? Do you wrap them up in aluminum foil?