Can You Remember?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    It was many years ago, back when money didn’t mean anything, and time had no reference. Years were measured in halfs, and there were two seasons, “School Year” and “Summer Vacation”.

Do you remember the pride that you took in your fishing gear? Each piece of tackle had a special place in your tackle box. You could list the contents of your tackle on one hand, but each time you cracked the lid it caused excitement to stir. Nothing was more serious than window shopping your friends tackle box, each taking turns talking about how a lure was a sure bet winner. Friendships grew, and many character building adventures followed.

Reflect on your past for a moment. Think back, who was the person that most impacted your love of fishing? Each of us has one special memory that rises to the surface, and places us at a point in time when life was measured in small pleasures.

You have grown older, gained responsibilities, chucked on a wagon load of stress burning through the years carving out a living. Your free time is limited, and trips to the water happen to infrequently.

There are occasions when you wonder where the time has gone, and sometimes, wish you could go back in time with the knowledge you have accumulated to take full advantage of those beginning years.

The BOC is an emerging catfishing community with many aspirations and goals. But at its very nature, at the ground truth level, we are people who share common interest.

Many of you have formed friendships and long lasting bonds with people at first you only talked with online. Amazing things have happened in the last couple of years when people slow down.

We have raised money for families that have lost all in fires and tornados. We have built wheel chair ramps, and secured expensive disabled fishing gear for a fellow brothers child. We have mourned long time friends upon their passing. We have seen young members grow up and become young men.

We have gathered in states in small groups, extending friendship, camaraderie, and eating like kings. We have visited each others homes, someone who you feel you have known for years.

Give yourself a chance to find out the real benefits of the BOC. Seek opportunities to share and participate, and see if you too can find that long lost friend.

I am extending a personal invitation to you. The BOC Staff will soon start planning the national gathering to be held in 2006. Start saving your pennies now, and join some of the best people you have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Let’s make the BOC annual gathering a huge success. The new Sturgis of the catfishing world is coming soon.

Low key relaxed socializing. Ohh, don’t forget to bring your tackle box!

Thanks,

Paul Louderback

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great Post! I plan on making this gathering next year. :D

3. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    A National Gathering, thats sounds great. I will anxiously await the announcement of where and when. Schoe

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    We have been waiting for this gathering for almost 4 years now, this is one we will try our best to make.

There is no way to list all the friends Judy and I have made here but the friends we have made are very special to both of us and they are family. Just think of all the friendships you would not have now had you not joined the BOC. :D

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Just let us know when and where.

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    oklahoma is pretty much centrally located :D
    may i suggest keystone? :)

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great Post Paul. I remember reading the talk of a national gathering on old site.
    I have been invited to 3 gathering in past, but I haven't been able to attend for personal reasons.
    There are some members I would one day like to meet in person. You Sir are one of them. I too will watch for the dates and maybe by that time I'll be able to attend.

Until that time, stay safe and Thank you.
    Dano.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Have it here in Arkansas! Have It here in Arkansas! Just kidding, sorta I think this is a great idea. we wont T-shirts !! Ok you designer guys and gals come up with a nice T-shirt design.

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Phil, you cagey ol' catfisherman, we think alike, only, I was thinking more of Eufalla.

Paul, thank you for all you do. Without your vision, none of our friendships would be possible.

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Oklahoma wil be ok! no pun intended!! :D :D : :)

11. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    A national gathering?

Wow.

I gotta make it to one of these gatherings one of these days.

I'll bring the Sam and Ella's Potato Salad. ROTFL

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the post Paul. It raised the hair on my arms. I know there are several california boys been anxious for such a gathering. Just let us know when and where. OH.....The t shirts are a great idea ;)

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I can't wait to go to this gathering, Paul! I will finally get to meet a lot more of the fine members of the BOC!!!

I will say that the BOC has changed my life to a degree that you will never know. I have met close to 35 members and wish I could meet more of them. I have not met a single member on here that wouldn't be welcome in my home for diner any time they decided to drop by.
    I would like to extend a big thank you to DH for being a great friend and for helping me feel like I am part of something bigger than myself.

And a special thank you to you Paul for making the BOC possible.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ill do what i can to make that one for sure. great post paul.

15. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    As Brooks and Dunn Sang, "Times are hard and the moneys tight",but!
    Hey I've got a big penny jar. We had a great time traveling to georgia this yaer and I'd love to meet a bunch more people.
    Thanks again paul.
    (You're gettin to be a short-timer now? right?)

16. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    I would concur with the Lake Keystone location but would try to make it whereever it happens. I'd need to know fairly soon so vacations can be adjusted.

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i am looking forward to talking to sal when i can't be censored :grin-big:

18. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Phil and TD,centrally located to WHAT????? Texas and Kansas????.Keystone yup that way up there on my catfishing to do list UH HUH !!!!!!! LOL Why not make it a dream location as in" My DREAM trip is to go to SANTEE one day".Me,Paul(Our founder),Bobpaul,Keith,Gator,,Tommy are all within hosting somebody distance or helping out.Plenty of space down there and if you are going to save for a trip why not make it to a catfishing shrine?Keystone?Ain't that something to do with Pennsylvannia.Just kidding Phil,wont really matter where the BOC gets together as long as we are together,but if you are saving up why not for the destination of a lifetime.I'm saying this not from a personnal standpoint because it is close to me but from, I would be able to help someone else have a really good fishing trip.We could alternate sites East of the Mississippi River/west of each year.Heck who knows in 100 or so years we could actually go to (Gulp)Oklahoma!!!!! I don't care who else goes but SAL you and CATS4 owe me a new mouse with all your cooking and recipes that made me drool on mine.So this will be your chance to pay up!!!!

19. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Jim, When I show to any catfishing ANYTHING, I bring some of my best meats I have. Ask HearKitty, or Festus, or Sparky, or Dreamcatcher. Be Rest assured that If I make it out there, You'll not pass my campfire without a bite to eat.

Cooking for my family, be it friendship or Blood, is a passion of mine. I do the meat and my wife handles dessert like a chef.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now Phil.....

You know you or any BOC bro is always welcome to call me,
    989-875-4044 (after 8pm EST, and being respectful that my wife needs to sleep and study- remember she is only guilty of marrying me, and her exams start in 2 weeks)
    517-749-2161 Cell (anytime)
    130*1259*5 Nextel Chirp (anytime)

You can also send flowers and a thanksgiving turkey or a note outlining what a brainless, heartless, hopeless, thoughtless, and gutless life-sucking joyless bass-turd I am to:

LeBral Galoopki (aka Sal)
    4210 E. Hayes Rd.
    Ithaca, MI 48847

You can send message via snail mail, Passenger pigeon (forgive me if I mistake it as skeet and use its meat in my spaghetti sauce), Tortoise, UPS, FedEx, DHL, or tied to the belly of a dragon, should you find one and teach it to use a GPS.

With Love and all the fixins,

Lebral Galoopki.

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    jim, i would love to go to santee cooper, but the 1200 mile distance is not going to be financially practical for me......and as far as the location, i thought it was more for fellowship than record catfish trophies....heck, if you want dream catfishing, how about the amazon? :D