Can you drink to much milk?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gone_fishin, Jul 22, 2006.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I've had this weird craving for milk lately and have drank 2 gallons in the last few days. Is there something wrong with me? Am I going to turn into a cow?:confused2:

2. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    You can never drink too much milk as long as you have a cookie in the other hand. lol

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Yes you can if you have a problem with kidney stones. If not drink away I love milk myself but cant drink it like I used to.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Try to drink one gallon in 30 minutes or even an hour...you'll think thats too much. :lol:

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    No kidney stones, so I guess I'll be ok.

6. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    my dad tried tellin me that but heck i love it and its good for you...

and proally alot of the reason im 6'2"
    thats what i would bet
    i would drink 2-3 glasses a day when school is in...

AND FOR DINNER MILK IS GREAT

Jeff

7. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I drink alot of the stuff as long as your not lactose intolerant you should be o.k.
    Brian

8. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Milk if fattening. Take it from somebody that gains weight easily. :wink:

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Im Not Sure But I Drink Alot Of It.

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

To test your question get a gallon of whole milk and drink it thirty minutes are less. You may want to be outside are in the restroom when you finish due to the fact that most people will vomit after drinking that much milk in that short of a period.

11. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Milk is real good for you unless you drink 2 gallons within a few days...oh...thats what ur doing lol. Have you got the moo's yet?

12. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Justin, hopefully that's not an indication of diabetes. Excessive thirst is one of the first signs. You might want to get your glucose level checked asap.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Cold with strawberry quik mix, GOOD STUFF!

14. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Never liked milk! Grew up on a farm and not to gross anyone out, but anyone that has seen the snot bubbles cows have on their noses well those bubbles look like the bubbles you get on the top of your milk when you pour it into a glass. Seriously it does! :sad2:

Like it was said before, Milk is very fattening, not really with the amount of calories, just the amount of actual fat in it. If you can stomach skim milk it's better for you weight wise.

Never had a broken bone in my life, but I may be in for some calcium supplements when I'm older. :roll_eyes:

SudDawg

15. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    My doc put me on a low fat diet...but I can't do the 1 percent milk at all...tastes like water...So I just don't tell her and I double cut out the fatty foods...But a cookie is still in now and then...

Not sure what the affects of long time use of a gal or two a day would be..pobably high Cholesteral, K-stones, and other ailments...but if it is just a benge go for it and enjoy I would think.

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Probably.......:lol:

17. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Your body is probably telling you that you need Vitamin E or Calcium. Just a thought!

18. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I love the stuff and in the middle of the night when I wake up with cotton mouth from to many buds, a quart or so will get me back to sleep. Good stuff!

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wow! 2 gallons of whole milk is loaded with fat and calories.
    I never drink but 2 % or fat free and only a limited amount of that.

Loved it when I was a kid... I would squirt it in my mouth straight from the cows tit while I was milking! :lol:

20. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Amongst the guys I work there is a pool of $45 to anyone who can drink a gallon of 2% milk in 45 minutes, and hold it down for 30. 3 Marines have tried so far, and they all got it down, but they puked it right back up minutes later. So no pay out so far. Milk (skim) is great for you, but I'd watch drinking too much before bed..its got a good amount of sugars in it. Also a majority of the fat in milk is Monounsaturated - the good kind. Its the Saturated and Trans you gotta look out for. got milk?