Can you dock your boat at work?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, May 21, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we are starting the dresden boat ramp wednesday morning around 7 a.m. the plan is to get it graded this week and start the pavement next week. However, me being such a great thinker! lol i have plans on dropping my boat wed. morning around 4 a.m and fishing the morning bite. i figure a couple hours can hurt none in the morning.:lol: i have never had the opportunity to go fishing and dock the boat at the job site! so i thought it might be a good idea. what ya all think?

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would have a hard time looking at the boat all day while I worked!LOL but then again if the fish are biting you might not make it in that day...can you call in sick with your truck and boat trailer in the parking lot?

3. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have done a lot of brick jobs on homes over at the lake. Usually takes me a couple of extra days to finish, but sure did get a lot of fishing in. Some of the home owners even let us camp there while we did the work.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they just know me tooooo well though!!!! i have been sick many summer nights:roll_eyes:

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Sounds like a good opportunity to me. It might make for tired days at work though.

6. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    we should all get together Wednesday afternoon and do alittle fishing within eyesight of that jobsite.......What do you think catfishrollo???:big_smile:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they are prob. gonna be all sore mouthed:lol:

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sounds like a great idea! My first summer in college, I worked at an asphalt terminal on the bank of the Tennessee River in N. Chattanooga. I could have docked a boat at our dock---if I had owned a boat. I had to settle for keeping several throw lines out from the dock.

9. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I'd get fired cause if those fish are biting i wouldn't bother coming in.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have some bad news, i can't drop the boat tom. it will be thurs. morning, they have it cut done 8 in. at the concrete for our stone, duh? don't even know my own work after 9yrs. guess i got ahead of myself! but i will make sure there is a ramp there for thurs. i do think im gonna bank fish tom. though. i have 68 big greensunfish and 17 bullheads for bait. hopefully something will hit...rollo

11. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I got old catfishrollo. He's been lucky having this job right next to his house with a boat ramp to boot, so I drove down to the boat ramp the other day when he was operating the roller and caught 9 smallies while he was working hard :wink:. I figured you guys would appreciate hearing that after this rough week of work (...errr fishing...or was it work???) that he's been telling us about. Ha Ha Ha

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yea, you think you got me. i watched you catch some nice smallies. i will give you that one! nice job! bait! lol. but when i got bored with work...or simply ran out of work, well i brought my... i can't incriminate myself, but lets say i was getting paid darn good money on the river.!!!!!ha ha who's laughin come payday!!!?????