Can you clean out a hole with trotlines?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Mar 15, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am thinking about setting some trotlines in my favorite flathead holes.
    Reason being is alot of my buddys have ponds and want them stocked with big public river flatheads..I would like to totally clean out all the fish from certain sections of the river I fish, and just wondering if trotlines were the best tool.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Also if I can fill all my buddys ponds up, I might sell any leftover fish to pay ponds...You never can have enough beer money!

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

I would say this post is probably enough to get a contract put out on you .... Are we trying to see which one on here can be the most hated .... LOL ... Garry- .......:smile2::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Here we go again!!!

Them Ohio Boyz, sure are infected with cabin fever this winter, LOL!!!
    First it was Rollo
    then Shawn
    now Jack
    Who's next???? LMAO!!
    Are you guys trying to see who can get the most virtual bruises in your state or what??? LOL!!!

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I wouldn't mess with lines, a few pounds of Rotenone, TNT or a crank telephone will be much quicker and ya don't have to catch bait.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I thought about dumping a few 55 gallon drums of drano in my favorite holes, that might do the trick also!

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Drano will be a little harsh. Just make sure to soak your baits with tranny fluid & WD-40 for them bigguns to bite better!:crazy::wink::smile2:

If you want, I can bring my hoop nets up. They'll work pretty quick and are fairly easy to use. LMAO!!!

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You guys have definately got a nack for sarcasm, LOL!!!

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hell with it jack...lets just go on a season long expedition.. we can target each section of river at a time... i will have a buddy steal one of those elecro shock mechanisms, we won't even have to get wet! ride around, ZAP!:smile2: then move to the next hole... ZAP!:smile2:......rollo

10. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    you want to have some fun Rollo,wait untill you find a good hole with a bunch of college girls skinny dipping and put a zap in the water lol

11. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Okay Tony ... I am with you .... but do you notice that once those girls leave the water you can never get the smell out of the catfish ???? Garry ..:smile2::smile2::smile2::angry::cool2::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::wink::wink:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we better clean it up boys the mod.s have pulled two threads of shawns in the last hour due to lack of personality... i will take credit for the last.... lol... i really wasn't gonna kick any mods. az......:smile2::wink: rollo

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Shoot boy, don't be taking credit for taking this old republican's thread removal!

I just discovered that I don't like trailer park trash, and that lazy people should get jobs and that Bush is my HERO!

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cmon 60 degree weather.... I need it BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

14. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Dang, you Ohio boys need to come South in the winter and wet your lines. I had a guide trip today with a fellow from Cleveland and he could not get enough of our 60 degree weather today. Said he left a little bit of snow up there.

Hang in there, the snow should be gone by May. :angry:

15. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Gee thanks Mac! Remember that luck I was wishin you with Hugh on your 70th Bday?......

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    It took you long enough Shawn, LOL!!!

17. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    You can learn a lot... from some dummies lol!

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's been a long brutal winter, we need to catch some fish...My luck my job will schedual overtime out the yazoo this spring:tounge_out:

19. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dont forget Jack, i know where you live...... i may have to send the "Pickle Mafia" to see you! :eek:oooh:

20. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Just to make you guys feel better it was windy today.....
    welcome from NE Florida.... Partly cloudy and 82 degrees :big_smile: