Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just joined today and I am looking forward to talking to all y'all. Maybe someone can answer a question I have. I have been told that mudcats or(pollywogs) are good bait for yellowcats . I put about 20 on my tortline awhile back and they finally died after being covered in moss. I cut the fins off prior to using them. I have heard that they are good bait from the game warden and reading in mags. Do any of you out there have any experience with them? I have plenty and sure would like to know. Thanks :confused2:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Don,
First off, welcome to the BOC. Lots of good folks on here and lots of good information on catfishing. Mudcats do make good bait for flatheads. They are very hardy and will stay alive for quite a while.

Good luck to you,
Bobby

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I heard they are good on trotlines. btw welcome to the boc thanks for joining

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
mudcats are good bait for flatheads that said it sounds to me like your bait is getting down in that moss and hiding.try and set your lines a little off bottom or move them to a place with a hard bottom where they cant hide.

·
Banned
4,134 Posts
welcome to the B.O.C., best catfishing community on the planet. Yes they do work, I dont use them much because I dont catch them often. But when I did, I have caught a flathead or 2 on them.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
flatheads will eat mudcats clipped or not. and you won't catch a mudcat too big to use as bait. they are a good option when the shallow water will kill bream when the water warms up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.