Can you catch flathead in the morning?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Djtrikee, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just wondering when is the best time to catch flathead?

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    yes you can tehm in the morning, that when i got my p b, 29lbs in a chunk of blue gill

3. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    You'll get different opinions on this subject. Some have very good luck at night and others do well during the day. I personally believe that just before sunrise and just after sunset are two peak times.

4. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks, for the info...Im going to try in the morning

5. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Is the place in columbus, best to catch them south of scioto???? Or are they in another area closer to northern Columbus???

6. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Try right downtown below the low head dam at whitter penisula.

7. sgt_132

sgt_132 New Member

State:
    N-W Ohio
    I think catching flatheads is not much differnt then bow hunting deer . I catch them in the day, morning, and ngiht. I just attempt to figure out where they are at. In the day time. with the sun up high I fish deaper water with structure. In the early mornings and evening when it gets dark I will fish closer to shallow water. It seams to me that they move up in the shallow water to hunt the bait fish. My personal best was caught at 1630hrs with bright sun and around 95 degree's out. I was using a gill in about 12 to 15 foot of water with some old logs rising up out of the water. If I sit at one spot for more then 1 hr and dont get a run alot of times I will move. I feel if the fish are not there you will not catch them. I also look for them to come to the top and roll. Good luck
    Scott