Can you camp at St.Stephens rediversion canal?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Blake Wright, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have bank fished on the canal before but can't remember if there were any signs about no tents. I would like to take the kids and have them a place to crash when they get wore out. Thanks.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Blake, I have seen folks pitch tents along there before, at least on the lake side, but since 9-11, and the increased security, I just don't know for sure. The most they would do, probably, is make you leave. People do fish along there at night, so I don't think it would be a big issue, for a single night, but who knows???

3. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    We tried camping their one night and the mosquito's got so bad we had to leave. There were so many mosquito's that when we got in the truck we had to turn the windshield wipers on to leave!!!!

4. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks, tommy. I agree unless someone tells me for sure I'm just gonna pitch the tent untill the security guard in the little truck runs me off.
    I know since 9/11 you can only go so close to the dam. But those signs I remember for sure. God the striper fishing was awsome right behind the dam too.

5. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Blake,

We fish at the rediversion a pretty good bit. I talked to the gaurds down there and the rule for tents is you can have a lean-to type tent for protection from the sun and rain. we were down there about a month ago and the gaurd made a couple close to us take there "tent" down. I have a screened in canopy that he told me I could use as long as I left the front and rear door open.

During the summer they ride the canal a pretty good bit at night, so you probably wouldn't last long with a regular tent, but typically they won't run you off, just make you take the tent down.