Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Can you believe this?...

2K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Flatheadhunter33 
#1 ·
This snake was found off the highway in Hot Springs , Arkansas. That is a town over from me. I think I might just stay inside. LMAO That is scary to know that there is a huge snake that would eat my kittens for a snack in our area. :big_smile: Just wanted to share this with you all.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Wow, that is a big one! I've never seen any snakes here other than a few grass snakes and water snakes. That one reminds me of diamond backs I've seen and killed in west TX.

Patricia, where did you get the picture? I would have though it would have been in the Hot Springs paper but I might have missed it. I subscribe to the online copy and some days I miss going there.

Couple years ago we were out on our daily walk and a guy said he had just killed a big rattler. I asked him where it was and he said he threw it over in the bushes. I looked but never found any snake...

hopefully they released it
Released it... I hope to they removed it's head first! :cool2:

#8 ·
I think it's one of those "hold the object closer to the camera" shots. If the snake's being held on a 5' pole, it'd look out of proportion with the backround.

May be a large snake, but doubt as large as they're trying to make it seem. If it were, they'd have it close to themselves for "scale".

Smitty

#9 ·
One Freaking Huge Rattler!! I am told that my state Missouri is loaded with them.I,however,have never seen any while out fishing. I thank the Good Lord for that. I don't like snakes,I realize they are also God's Creatures but that is a creature I do not ever want around me or my family.Thank you very much for sharing the picture of Jake!!(My husband refers to huge Rattlers as Jake because in Oklahoma at a Truck stop he seen a mounted one on display that was huge and that was it's given name):eek:oooh::amazed:

#10 ·
I think it's one of those "hold the object closer to the camera" shots. If the snake's being held on a 5' pole, it'd look out of proportion with the backround.

May be a large snake, but doubt as large as they're trying to make it seem. If it were, they'd have it close to themselves for "scale".

Smitty
i hear you on the "for scale" part smitty no pun intended lol but would you wanna hold that big ol' freaking fang the size of your finger (maybe not but close to it) rattler close to you where he could do some major damage if he got the least bit free? lol not me i would have my manhood checked and be running for the door before they had a chance to say oops i dropped it! lol :smile2:

#11 ·
Wow, that is a big one! I've never seen any snakes here other than a few grass snakes and water snakes. That one reminds me of diamond backs I've seen and killed in west TX.

Patricia, where did you get the picture? I would have though it would have been in the Hot Springs paper but I might have missed it. I subscribe to the online copy and some days I miss going there.

Couple years ago we were out on our daily walk and a guy said he had just killed a big rattler. I asked him where it was and he said he threw it over in the bushes. I looked but never found any snake...

Released it... I hope to they removed it's head first! :cool2:
It was off of hwy 270 near Hot Springs. Newton sent it to me.

#12 ·
lol, I'd much rather have a grip on it's head than to stumble into it in the brush :wink:. When I was a kid, I used to "collect" snakes & had quite a stack of skins. I can recall a few times having to bail-out of the boat because one dropped out of the branches & into the boat.

Smitty

#14 ·
You are one hilirious guy! Always making sure the um unmentionable is safe and tucked away,LOL My husband would have loved to have seen O'le Jake skinned out so he could have the hide tanned!!:haha::haha::haha::haha:~~~Sister Pat

#16 ·
You are one hilirious guy! Always making sure the um unmentionable is safe and tucked away,LOL My husband would have loved to have seen O'le Jake skinned out so he could have the hide tanned!!:haha::haha::haha::haha:~~~Sister Pat
thanks pat there is no mistaking it, you definately dont want "the boys" back in town with a snakebite! lol
and im sure that wouldnt make the doctors day either lol :tounge_out:

#17 ·
Now thats a snake................ I hit one with the brush hog the other day werent enough left to use. I usually skin em out. This one was a Diamond back. Ive seen several Diamond backs, and timber rattlers where I live. Most time they go on thier natural way, but sometimes they dont, especially when they get in my chicken pen or Goat pen. Cant take that chance.....

#24 ·
Rattle snakes can and do get big , in Texas.. I didn't put a tape to one but I have seen them 6 to 8 feet long and fat. Timber rattler is the biggest I've seen but them diamond backs , I've seen some huge ones. long dripping fangs.:eek:oooh:

I have caught plenty and killed plenty of R.S. in south Texas. Those things can get mean when messed with. I got a friend who has a
Diamond Back on his wall. I think its over 6' long and was a fat one.
There is no way I would hold a R.S. that size in pic on any kind of pole, stick or what ever, unless it was dead.
Then its eating time. grilled snake. :big_smile:

pick may have some Doctoring or them guys are fools. You dont hold up a live rattle snake like that after a day of fishing and pose for a pic without a trip to the ER. maybe one of those TV guys would for a million bucks.
I dont see a live RS being that still for a pic when messed with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.