Can you believe this?...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    This snake was found off the highway in Hot Springs , Arkansas. That is a town over from me. I think I might just stay inside. LMAO That is scary to know that there is a huge snake that would eat my kittens for a snack in our area. :big_smile: Just wanted to share this with you all.

Attached Files:

2. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Oh my gosh what a huge snake, that picture will give me nigtmares lol
    sharon:crazy:

3. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    now thats a big timber rattler
    hopefully they released it as they are beautiful and not as comon as they used to be
    like any critter show respsct and admire from afar and you have no worries

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very big snake for sure, thanks for sharing. Glad we dont have those around here.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wow, that is a big one! I've never seen any snakes here other than a few grass snakes and water snakes. That one reminds me of diamond backs I've seen and killed in west TX.

Patricia, where did you get the picture? I would have though it would have been in the Hot Springs paper but I might have missed it. I subscribe to the online copy and some days I miss going there.

Couple years ago we were out on our daily walk and a guy said he had just killed a big rattler. I asked him where it was and he said he threw it over in the bushes. I looked but never found any snake...

Released it... I hope to they removed it's head first! :cool2:

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Whoa Trisha, he's a BIG 'UN!!! I wouldn't want to deal with THAT. Yes, very beautiful......but in this case I b'lieve I'd rather be two-steppin' (anybody wanna teach me? :0a35:) with him on my FEET. Please people, don't report me to PETA :0a33:.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I saw this picture a while back. Not sure how long ago.

8. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think it's one of those "hold the object closer to the camera" shots. If the snake's being held on a 5' pole, it'd look out of proportion with the backround.

May be a large snake, but doubt as large as they're trying to make it seem. If it were, they'd have it close to themselves for "scale".

Smitty

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    One Freaking Huge Rattler!! I am told that my state Missouri is loaded with them.I,however,have never seen any while out fishing. I thank the Good Lord for that. I don't like snakes,I realize they are also God's Creatures but that is a creature I do not ever want around me or my family.Thank you very much for sharing the picture of Jake!!(My husband refers to huge Rattlers as Jake because in Oklahoma at a Truck stop he seen a mounted one on display that was huge and that was it's given name):eek:oooh::amazed:

10. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i hear you on the "for scale" part smitty no pun intended lol but would you wanna hold that big ol' freaking fang the size of your finger (maybe not but close to it) rattler close to you where he could do some major damage if he got the least bit free? lol not me i would have my manhood checked and be running for the door before they had a chance to say oops i dropped it! lol :smile2:

11. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    It was off of hwy 270 near Hot Springs. Newton sent it to me.

12. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, I'd much rather have a grip on it's head than to stumble into it in the brush :wink:. When I was a kid, I used to "collect" snakes & had quite a stack of skins. I can recall a few times having to bail-out of the boat because one dropped out of the branches & into the boat.

Smitty

13. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    exactly what i was thinking... but i doubt they did

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You are one hilirious guy! Always making sure the um unmentionable is safe and tucked away,LOL My husband would have loved to have seen O'le Jake skinned out so he could have the hide tanned!!:haha::haha::haha::haha:~~~Sister Pat

15. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    The skin would had made a nice pair of boots too.:big_smile:

16. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    thanks pat there is no mistaking it, you definately dont want "the boys" back in town with a snakebite! lol
    and im sure that wouldnt make the doctors day either lol :tounge_out:

17. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Now thats a snake................ I hit one with the brush hog the other day werent enough left to use. I usually skin em out. This one was a Diamond back. Ive seen several Diamond backs, and timber rattlers where I live. Most time they go on thier natural way, but sometimes they dont, especially when they get in my chicken pen or Goat pen. Cant take that chance.....

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Jeeze can theyu get any bigger?
    Bill

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing Patrica. That is the secod pic of a large rattler shown this year. In Poplar Bluff Mo., one was killed a few weeks ago and was shown on the news.

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    :eek:oooh:

I am staying in the boat and not bank fishing anymore. Ever.

Don't go telling horror stories of snakes falling out of brush and trees now or I might not go fishing anymore!