Can the Vikings win 4 in a row

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Bill D Curtis, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    If the vikings beat the 49'ers we may actually have a shot for the playoffs seems like we are coming together as ateam finally GO VIKES

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I am in no way a Viking fan but with that kid AP in the back field I would not bet against them this weekend. They may just ride him into the playoffs. If he can stay healthy hi is going to be something special. :eek:oooh::crazy::big_smile:

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Brad Childress knows what's he's doing. He proved that when he coached for the Eagles.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    With AP back,its gonna be hard to stop him. I think they'll easily beat the 49er's. IMO,AP is the best back in the league this year. If he can stay healthy they have a chance in the playoffs.

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    AP has the talent to be one of the best running backs in NFL History if he stays healthy. He's eating up yards something serious on the ground! Everyone thought Bush was going to be the "Answer" for the Saints, but look what happened with him.lol Peterson is the real deal, and he's go the numbers to prove it. No doubt in my mind the Vikes will beat the 49ers this weekend.:wink:

6. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Remaining schedule
    Min @ SF -SF 3-9 Vikes favored by 9 on the road
    Chi @ Min -Chi 5-7
    Was @ Min -Was 5-7
    Min @ Den -Den 5-7

Looks like it is very possible. Let's see how the Vikes cope with the 4 game suspension of Ray Edwards (DB). I predict we take 3 and believe 9-7 will be good enough to make the playoffs.

Edwards is tied for 2nd on the team in sacks (4), has 41 tackles, and a fumble returned for a TD.

Edwards will be replaced by either Erasmus James (who ironically got the start last Sunday over Edwards before the team knew about the steroid use) or Brian Robison (rookie who leads the team in sacks with 4.5).

Edwards would be eligible to play in the playoffs in the Vikes make it.

7. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I agree with the comments about AP, looks like he can carry the team all the way to the playoffs.
    He kind of remind me of a great Raiders back, Bo Jackson. I hope he stay healthy.

8. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Only if Bo could have stayed healthy.:sad2: I still get a kick out of watching Bo run over Bosworth. :smile2:
    You are right that AP looks like Bo Jackson.

9. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    The Vikes definitely have a good shot at the playoffs, but rather than get ahead of myself, I am trying to take it one game at a time (I love sports cliches). I have been really anti-Childress since he coached his first game for us, but he has a chance the rest of this year for redemption. The Vikings did manage to lose to the 49ers 9-3 last year, so I am not going to get ahead of myself and pencil them into the playoffs quite yet. But as we've seen all year, with Adrian Peterson, anything is possible. He's unbelievable!

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Vikings need to rip that damn dome off their stadium an return to their roots of being a rugged outdoors tough guy team! Play football outside where it is meant to be played! I hate domes! Sorry, I know I went off on a sidetrack :roll_eyes: good luck to your Vikings!

11. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sorry, it's 2 degrees outside right now. I hope they keep that dome right where it is. I love outdoor football, but not in MN.

A well, we got to visit sunny san fran today and came home from the beautiful weather with a big shiny W.

12. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Heck of a win by the Vikes. The 49ers are terrible. Next Monday night in the DOME vs. the Bears will be a huge game! I understand the appeal of outdoor football, but I agree that we do need a dome here in Minnesota. 2 degrees is too cold to sit and watch a game.

13. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    I hear AP had a whoppin' 3 yards o well a win is a win I've also heard there is a new stadium with a retractable roof in the works for the Vikes and the Twins

14. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    The Twins have already begun building an open air stadium for themselves only. The Vikings have no deal for a stadium at this time. Zygi Wilf (the owner of the Vikings) wants a stadium badly. He wants a retractable roof. The cost is like $600 million or more.

If the Vikes can win with AP only getting 3 yards then watch out when he busts loose again!

15. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I know you guys in Minnesota are now shaking from fear of the new Bears QB for monday night, aren't you?:eek:oooh:

The Bears will start Kyle Orton, who has not play in two years one single play, and that was his rookie year, if that does not make every Vikings DB tremble with fear I don't know what will.

LOL, that was a joke.
    Go ahead and have your fun with the Bears this week, practice catching passes and chasing the QB, running thru the D-line like you are going thru a kindergarden playground. My Bears are done and playing just for pride now, I just don't know how much talent there is left on that team.
    The Super Bowl curse is back. I have to blame something, don't I?

16. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    I won't take anything for granted, but I do remember Adrian Peterson getting about 224 yards in Chicago earlier this year. :0a1:

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The Viking's defense will show Kyle Orton that sitting on the bench for a couple years will make you rusty.

18. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I think it will be an early bed time for me Monday night.
    Then the following day I can start a thread about the Vikings running up the yards and score on my Bears.:smile2:

19. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    I sure never thought I'd hear the phrase "the Vikings are running up the score" on anyone this year. They were absolutely terrible a month ago.