Can someone make this rod ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catfisherman369, Dec 2, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I am wondering if anyone can make me a rod that is 7 foot medium heavy . I do not like the ends of my rods to thick . A 7 foot mh ugly stik is the perfect rod specs for me . Now the custom part . I would love to have a rod that had a cork handle . the rod to be white with confederate flag decals and my name put in it .

If there is anyone who thinks they can make this , let me know the price and we can get started asap .

2. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    I just checked the catalog and only found the 7' M.H. blank in a Seeker and Lamiglas....The Flamekeeper may have you covered on that? The rest of the goodies you want are easy to find.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I dont mind what kind of blank just as long as the tip of the rod is not too thick .

4. Throw a pic of the General Lee, and a dixie horn on that sucker to hoss!:big_smile:

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I only found 2 so far

This first one would be just a little hvy

length action line pc tip butt weight
    70MH, 7’0”, FAST, 15-30, 1, 8.5, .715, 8.75

But this thin blank here is the one lightweight power house,,bad thing about it ,,They do not come in white, They must be painted.. Its going to be hard to find a white blank that size I beleive..

70MH
    7’0”- length :roll_eyes:
    FAST - action :smile2:
    15-30 - line :cool2:
    1 - pc :tounge_out:
    1-4 - lure :crazy:
    6.5 - tip :wink:
    .580 - butt :big_smile:
    4.40 - weight :eek:oooh:

6. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    How do you paint a rod?

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Just like everything else, paint:smile2:LMHO.. I had too!:wink:

The best builders say this!
    You have to use the Krylon paint at your auto paint stores they use on plastic bomber's, It has the elastics inerts to give and bend without cracking.

must use a bonding agent on certain types too, so you must check and see what your getting. Or just ask about it before you buy..

3-4 (light) coats will do it most of the time

8. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Laugh it up big guy! hehe. I had a feeling I'd get a smarty pants answer. :smile2:

Another question, are blanks mainly sold without being painted, or can you get painted? If so, is the price difference substantial?

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    :eek:oooh:That wasn't intended to be a smarty answer, It was the answer to your ?. :big_smile:

Your next?, Yes most are different shades of graphite and black, with some different manufacturers producing brown,blue,silver,yellow,tangerine and Ti Chrome to name a few. You can get them from over seas in several colors as well but it will cost a small fortune:wink:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  10. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    WOW lol :smile2::smile2::smile2: This Post is Great I actually saw Flamekeeper out fishing this Summer and mentioned I'd like to get a Orange Rod with "General Lee" theme Rebel Flags and all LOL Man I can tell you all for sure you think his rods are Kick Butt in the pics he has you wouldn't believe them when your actually holding one. Anyone here who has one of his rods knows what I'm saying. The Pics just dont do 'em justice. Great work Kenny.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    And the rod shall be named the REBEL ROD!! I really like the thought process. Sounds pretty cool!! My brother-in-law would love this rod and me too!!:big_smile: Hey Kenny! Sounds like a job for ya!!