Can somebody please help me?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Oct 2, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Is there a way to adjust the page size on my monitor?? I have to scroll sideways to read the posts. Its been going on for several days now. At first i thought it was my beloved site doing another something or other, now im not so sure. Ye-gads its driving me bonkers!!!!:dribble:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm sure somebody will chime in on this and help. I have that problem on some threads and on some threads it will start out like that and when its fully loaded it gets normal. Most are normal though. I hope you get it fixed,that can be aggravating.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am going to wager that somehow the font size on the pages have been altered causing it to scroll horizontal... to fix this do the following...

-hold the CTRL key down and use your wheel mouse to scroll down while holding CTRL

Scrolling up increases font size on webpages... scrolling down obviously decreases size

In your case, decrease is the way to go to correct the problem.

If you do not have a wheel mouse... I dont know how to help you. LOL

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Just right click on the page and hit Refresh. Should fix it....

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Apparently they've changed the page setup, because I'm having the same problem. The way I 'fix' it is to click on View on the top toolbar, put the cursor on text size, and click on decrease. Twice. The first time makes it smaller, but not small enough; the second time eliminates my having to scroll. Of course, that makes the text so small it's a little hard for me to read. :angry:

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    with or without the scroll mouse, the windows default is ctrl+ the minus sign on the numeric keypad for smaller, or the plus sign on the numeric keypad for bigger. You can also use ctrl + the = sign for bigger, or ctrl + the - on the regular keyboard for smaller.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    OR, you can click on 'view', then 'text size', and adjust it that way. That's what we did yesterday, and it worked nicely.

8. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Mine does that also some recently .I just do what spoonfish said.

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks guys, i used Brians idea and it worked, but thanks for all the suggestions!!!

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Glad to have helped with easy computer issues. HAHA