Can somebody help me please!?!

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by lookin_4_moby, Sep 25, 2008.

1. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I moved to des moines in april after getting out of the marines. I've been fishing the Des Moines river downtown and the raccoon river pretty much all over the des moines area. I've caught a lot of EATIN size channel cat up to 18 pounds but I can't seem to find MOBY or even a single flathead for that matter. I've used everybait I can't think of from sunfish to stinkbait and I haven't had any luck finding anything over 20 pounds. If anyone has any suggestions or tips it would be greatly appreciated because I'm getting frustrated and running out of options

2. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Im not from your area so i cant give you any advice. But I wouldnt get to frustrated. Look at it as a challenge. If you get mad because you arent catching anything really big, your not fully able to enjoy fishing. Fishing is a hobby. Hobbys are meant to be relaxing, and enjoyable. You dont even have to be good at a hobby, just as long as you enjoy it.

Im sure someone will come along soon ang give you some great info. There is the member library that is full useful information. Good luck.

3. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    oh don't get me wrong i love just sittin out on the river and relaxing and the little ones are fun to catch, but I'm lookin for that big one I've caught enough little ones this year and yeah fishing is a challenge that's why i love it, but thanks for the encouragement.

4. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Welcome to the BOC Preston! Just keep on a fishin' and you will connect!:wink:

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    You need to call us bridge brothers... We get more flathead then channels...If you are in Des Moines, so are we... I am going out tonight if you are interested... probably around 9:30 until maybe 1am

PM me

6. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Hey dont be inviting new guy's...... LOL LOL LOL LOL
    Just kidding Preston Welcome

7. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    First I'd like to thank everybody for the welcome, I would love to go sometime I'm planning on goin tomorrow night about 7 afta I catch some bait and stayin out till my bait runs out. If you're goin tomorrow let's get together and see what we can drag in.

8. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I'll be out after 11:30pm tonight and tomorrow night if anyone is still out let me know

9. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Welcome to the B.O.C. If you go fishing with these guy you will have a great time.

10. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Sounds like were fishin tomorrow night boy's...... Bring your cameras and dental floss......

11. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Fishing in the downtown area has been pretty rough in terms of getting bigger fish this year, but I know it's a matter of time before one of us gets a 30+, hopefully before the season is over. 26# flatty is the biggest the the bridge brothers have caught so far. Best of luck to ya.

12. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I just wish I could find a flatty I've fished every log jam and rock pile that I can get to from the bank cuz I don't have a boat. I'm goin tonight definetly though. Thinkin bout goin over off of 6th st over by birdland park haven't fished there yet.anyone have any betta ideas on where to fish?

13. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC, and good luck on the outside!

14. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Let me know when your going i'll try to point you towards some fish...

15. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    Hey mike how do you get to the spot that u told me about I can't drive up to it or do u have to walk across the walk bridge??

16. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I know the spot he is talking about :big_smile: Headed there tonight if I feel alright...

17. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    What time u headed out there?? I'm leaving the gym now headed to round up sum chubs let me know.

18. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Preston - give me a call 515 570 3662 Still considering going out tonight

19. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    ok i got your number now so we can get together and see what we can drag in.