can some one post a link for a place to buy a 100 galon tank

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, May 25, 2008.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i know lots of you buy those big 100 gallon tanks from a farm supply store . but i cant seem to find them on line. the ones people use for bait tanks . im/ sorry if this is posted in wrong area . i tried looking at tractor supply . but i cant seem to find what i was looking for . can anyone help

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    If you don't mind dropping to a 55 gallon plastic barrel then hit up your local car washes. I got that tip from a bunch of good people on here. I got a 55 gal. blue one for $10 and all I had to do was take a saw-zaw and cut the top off it. I have a couple above swimming pool cartridge type filter/pumps that I'm gonna hook up to it. I'll end up with about $30-$40 in the whole thing including a second barrel. I'll run one pump/filter to each one. One of these days when I'm able I'm gonna finish it and post pics and how to's on here.

Not sure how far from Ironton(Lawrence Co. OH) you are but I'm a little over 2 miles from there. The place I got mine from is about 2 minutes across the bridge over here.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
  5. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    does anyone know if they sell them bigger then those shown ??? i would like a 300 to 500 gallon honestly. well i thank you all . i dont know of any farm supply stores by me . i guess i'm going to have to try and find one i guess. i kinda figured ordering off line wasn't an option. but then i though they couldn't weight that much could they. well anyway thank you all ..

6. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i had in the past considered useing 2 big drums like you said. but my only problem with that is . your bait get stacked on top of each other. i have always been told depth isn't very important. but the left to right and front to back is key. and happy bait is a livlely and active bait !!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Do you have access to a Rural King store? I think they could help you.

8. greengoblin

greengoblin New Member

State:
    Iowa
  9. greengoblin

greengoblin New Member

State:
    Iowa
  10. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO