Can I make a Suggestion?

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bassadict69, Aug 3, 2006.

1. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    I know I am not all that active on here so I may not have the right to make any suggestions for the boards, but I will anyway. :big_smile:

Over the last week or maybe 2, I have told at least 3 people about the BOC. All three of them do a little cattin' on the river, one of them does quite a bit & even agreed to share info with everyone else since I told him how helpful everyone here is.

All 3 of them have been on here a few times looking around but had trouble finding any kind of reports on how others were doing. I explained to them that the reports were in the "Red River" board but were usually buried in the other talk that was mixed into the thread.

I must agree that for someone who can stop in only in the evenings, it is extremely difficult to find the fishing info when there are 4-5 new pages of posts made every day. Wouldn't it be better to have a seperate threads strictly for reports, pics, etc & one thread for the chit-chat?

Hope I am not out of line here...Just trying to make things more "newbie" friendly!

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia

3. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    More specifically what I was referring to is our "Catfish the Red River" thread. 4-5 pages of posts are made every day & now & then a report is put into the mix. I was just wanting to ask our local guys about keeping the reports seperate from the general talk.

I have talked off-line to 1 or 2 of the local guys everyone is as helpful & friendly as anyone could hope for. One day I hope to be able to jump in on the chit-chat but I will still feel that reports should be seperated & not mixed in.

I think lots of guests turn away after not being able to find out whether anyone is doing any catching & only seeing the regular talk. They don't hang around to see the bigger picture.

4. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    James, I found out through the national tourney that there are piles of people from other areas that come to the Fishing on the Red just to see what kind of bull is going on. I know we have take over the thread as a chit chat place to keep up with one another, and many of us have become close friends through this thread alone. But that is what the very first thread was about 4 times ago. I see know problem with making a sole fishing report thread, but when we have done that in the past, no one would post there, because they want to put it in the chit chat thread so all their friends can see what they did. I will say there are person on this site in the local area that I don't know because they never come in the Red River thread and chat. We have all become very good friends and share a lot of info even though it is not about catfishing. I know that coming here as a newbie can scare some people as they are worried what everyone will think. It should not take them long to figure out that we really don't care what the topic is, we will talk about it, and we just love joking with one another. It is sad to say, but I have more friends on the Red thread than I do in real life in the real world. Also, I can count on these friends to help out any time any where. I guess what I am saying is start a fishing report thread and we will see how it goes. If someone starts talking chit chat let them know that it is not a chit chat thread. None of us Red River Red Necks will mind.

5. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    James, I will start a thread and let see if we can make it work. I do know that to get info out of some people is like pull teeth out of a hog. I don't know anyone like that of course. :roll_eyes:

6. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    James on second thought, I am not going to start the thread. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I share info with my friends. I got the thinking about the fact that I don’t really want to be giving a day by day of the river to people who will not at least coming in the thread and say hi. This may be the wrong view, but this site has become more about friendship than fishing to me. I never talked to another catfisherman in my life till Sgt.Rob got me to check out this site. I did not know but a hand full of people who catfished before. If they want the info, ask or join in. Sorry, I am not trying to start anything here, but this how we keep up with one another and the fishing on the river

7. bassadict69

bassadict69 New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisia
    I definately see your point of view & what I have seen on here in the Red River thread is part of what keeps me checking in...the fact that everyone is friends & only because of the BOC & their interest in catfishing, the many times I see everyone jumping to help someone else out with non fishing related stuff, etc.

When I am talking about posting reports, I am not talking about giving up specific details about locations & such but something simple like we fished from ? to ? times & caught x amount of fish. When guests see this it will help them feel more comfortable about jumping into what seems like a tight knit group. You have to understand how much of an outsider others (even me still) will feel like they are. Even I have posted a thing or two in the Red River thread only to see it get overlooked (though not always).

As I said when I made the first post, I only wanted to make a suggestion. I will continue post my reports & eventually jump into the mix! :wink:

8. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Excellent post Tony! We do post reports and we all care about one another. We do talk a lot, and let me tell you...i sit at a computer all day for 11 hours a day. One would think i would not want to get on one when i get home....as soon as i get home i am on to see who did what and what kinda bull is flying around. I love it. I personally do not think a seperate thread would take off, but I have been known to be wrong....like only on the years that Haleys comet flys by! I say try it, but dont get your feelings hurt if it does not take off and no one posts.:tounge_out:

9. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I haven't been on here too long and at first I seemed like an outsider but if you start posting it gets easier. As you can see by reading the thread not alot is out of bounds. Feel free to jump in and anytime you want to go fishing or get a fishing report give me a call. My cell is 453-8191. I'm taking my wife and kids to run jugs tomorrow night.

10. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I see your point James. I say try it and see. I will try to add my little two cents worth to the fishing report. I am bad about not even looking at any other thread here though. The only reason I picked up on this one is because I saw where Paul came in. Had me worried, when the Sheriff showed up. But it lets you know that even the Sheriff checks out the bull on the thread. Sad part is no one but us understands what we are talking about. :big_smile:

11. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Let me tell ya, when david joined all he talked about was BOC...almost to the point of divorce (haha) and he was telling me about a thread on CPR and i got really hot and mad...so i joined. LOL..yeah i am a bit of a hot head, but i love all these guys and gals,. Could not ask for a better bunch...we had to move on short notice and i had just gotten a puppy and was very upset that i had to give him away. i only wanted a good home and Emmett got Ballou and now he is spoiled to death! We have get togethers about every 4-6 months and little tourneys and talk a lot of smack....One of my most fave things is Kevin..aka bulldaddy, aka jedi master....aka bobobutts...aka buttmaster....we have runs at it constantly! But it is all in fun! Jump in ...trust me...unless you kick someones puppy or talk about their cookin in a bad way...you will fit in fine!:cool2:

12. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    James if you want to start one,I'll report on it the best I can.But everyone is welcome to join our group.When you post something and you think it got skipped believe me it didn't.You will never meet a greater group of people anywhere in any state.Any time you want to call my cell is 453-6096.Hope to see you Saturday evening...

13. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Amanda you still talkin about that dog. STOP.lol

14. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
  15. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    I fish way too much! If ya don't believe me ask my wife! I give a fishing report with pictures most every trip. They may be a day or two late, but I eventually get around to sharing my success or failures with my FRIENDS! Since all my friends are on the catfishing on the Red River thread, that is where I post them. I'm not interested in giving tips to folks I don't know. All it takes to become one of our friends is to stop by our thread and introduce yourself. That automatically makes you a friend until you do something drastic down the road that proves you unworthy! 99.9% of the time this ain't gona happen with the caliber of folks on this site. If ya don't feel comfortable with jumpin' in the mix on our thread, send me a pm and I'll help ya out. Take care and good luck on the river! gota run, my fishin' partner just showed up and is hollerin' for me to come on! The bite on rod and reel is awesome right now! If ya need me for anything, my cell is 318-617-6816! I'll be on the river all night and part of the morning until that big red dot in the sky runs us off!

16. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    I'm with you fellers.

17. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Tell ya what Lord Jedi Butt, You are a man of many words.:wink:

James, I understand it is hard to jump in cause it took me a while to do it my self. I will try to remember to get in on the report thread and if anybody needs anything (well almost anything) call me. 272-2128.

18. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    That's great. "Can't I count on you people?!"