Can Carl Edwards git-R-dun

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Oct 28, 2008.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    With all the talk about JJ going for 3 in a row, what about Edwards possibly winning 2 championships this year in the Cup and Nationwide series. Carl is in 2nd place (-183) behind JJ in the cup series and in the Nationwide series,2nd(-116) behind Clint Bowyer. What do ya think?

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    He could but I think it may be a challgen, If JJ stays in the top 5 for the last few races it will be hard.

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't know about the Nationwide Series,but the trophy is already engraved with Jimmie Johnson's name on it in the Sprint Cup Series. He was vulnerable last week at Atlanta and still managed to stretch his points lead. The race now is for second through twelfth as far as the Chase is concerned. I'm so glad that Brian France came up with this Brain Fart he calls a Chase for the Championship. I wish he had it where the sun doesn't shine! BTW,did anyone notice all of the empty seats at Atlanta last Sunday? The Chase has everyone on the edge of their seats doesn't it. Maybe that's what happened,they were so far up on the edge of their seats that they fell off,and didn't bother about picking themselves up.LOL,Just like the Chase!

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    you know im shooting for him. he had wins in both series this weekend.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    i think this would be a first if he did pull it off

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Carl 99 is my favorite driver. I hope he can get it done! But Jimmie is still strong and looks like the favorite to win the championship. Time will tell!