Can anyone "Stick-It" Yet

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by jedimanhunter, Jul 2, 2008.

1. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anyone seen the new Stick-it bait on the shelves yet. I read about a possible July 1 release. Went to the local Walmart and bait shops . Not there yet.

Hummmm.

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Not out yet. I've heard July 10th or something around there.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    How do you all like this type of bait. I have had no success with such things and I am very discouraged to ever try again

4. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    I usually use punch bait when fishing the weeds, button willows in the shallows and rip rap with a float this time of year. When the fish are in these areas the action can get pretty intense.

My rig is a small weight, then a bead tied to a swivel. Then a leader about 1.5 ft tied to a trebble hook. A float is placed about above the weight about the distance of the leader.

If you have a small river that you can fish from the bank take you a buddy and at least a 1-lb can of punch bait with you the following day after a big rain that gets the river flowing full. Fish next to the bank with the described rig or lose the float find you a tree next to the bank, rig up as described and fish behind the tree. i try and move the bait back from the tree and feel for the hook fluttering in the current a little bit. Thats my spot.

For setting depth I hold rod tip near the water, then raise rod to 11:00, press button drop bait to water surface and stop and lower rod tip to just about the surface. you wont be fishing that deep cause your bait will be pushed up with the current but its a consistant starting point. I do this when the water is at or near bank level.

The next day wait gives the fish time to get to your fishing area. I have had alot of fun doing that. Try it and you might look forward to the rain.

What i do is not the only way of course but it works for me.

Good Luck, have fun

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I'm lost...what is this stuff?