Can anyone recommend a good spot light?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by harper81, Apr 25, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    After leaving the river last night at 9:30 pm in the pitch black I realized I need a spot light. Any recommendations?

2. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    I'd say it depends on where you plan to fish and how much light you'll need. For the most part, spotlights are like most things in that you get what you pay for. If you need to run it alot invest in a more expensive one and a good 12 volt battery to go with it. I also have a brinkman rechargable you an get from Walmart for about $15?. The charge will only last 10 minutes, and it probably won't last more than 2-3 years. If I'm running a mile or 2 out on the lake to fish a while and then head straight home, the cheap lights have always served me well, but if I'm gonna make a long run or fish in cover where I have to use the light for longer periods I use my better light.

3. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
  4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have the same thing as buster and I've had mine going on 12 years now. Trying to get back to the landing at night is rough with it.

5. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I've got the same light, works good no problems. I also carry a spare just in case though.