Can anyone help me find a decent deal on a dependable pontoon or deck boat?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by ahoki, Apr 27, 2008.

1. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Hey everyone, I was here alot in 07 right before and after my divorce. I had to sell my boat last year, and i'm looking for a replacement....... the kids and I just cant hardly look at summer without a boat.

I've looked high and low, and there just doesnt seem to be much out there. Anyone know where a guy could get a dependable pontoon or deck boat for about $2000 to $3000?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks, Micah

2. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Hello mike,
    I use to go up to Grand lake at Grove by the Sailboat bridge and there was a used boat dealer there. He would buy and salvage older pontoon boats. Three years ago he had a few from 3,000 to 5,000 I do not know what he has at this time. I talked to a coworker that has a lake house up there and he said the guy was still in business. Might give it a try if your up that way.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Not sure of your area, but there is a ton of boats on Craigs around here in the St. Louis area, you may want to check them out?

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    don't know where u are but there are plenty of options on craigslist in oklahoma!!!

5. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Micah:

There's a very large salesyard on the north side of I-40 just east of Shawnee with very good numbers of used pontoons, deck boats, runabouts, bass boats and even houseboats.

I stopped by there once or twice looking just to see what they had, and there is some good quality ready-to-go boats and some fixer-uppers available.

You're bound to find what you need there.:big_smile:

6. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I've made a few phone calls, but still comming up short. I may have to drive out to shawnee to check out that shop.

If anyone finds something give me a shout.

thanks again, Micah