Camping

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, Jan 20, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Anyone use a heater that can be used inside a tent? If so what kind. I would camp more but geez I hate getting out of that warm sleeping bag into the cold. That Mr. Buddy looks good.

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Mr heater has a model that Suppose to be safe in a tent. There is one that I seen that stays outside your tent but blows hot air into through a tube thats patched into your tent, it,s powered off of propane and uses 12 volts to run the fan! I think I seen it on e-bay, but not sure. Its safe cause you burn the fuel outside! Kind of a heat exchanger. I been thinking about getting one myself, so I'll see if I can find it again!

3. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Yep, thats it! I will spring 140 bucks for that, I bet it works great! Thanks a bunch!

5. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Guys have one of them Mr Heaters and and it sure is nice to light the heater so it won't be so cold when you climb from your sleeping bag.A Mr Heater does does work in a tent but it will get the plactic floor of the tent that's in front of the heater to hot so I use an old door mat,just put a light door mat or small throw rug in front of the heater to keep the heat away from the floor and it's great.I did buy a hose to hook the heater to a 20lb lp bottle but I don't leave the heater on while I sleep.

6. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Appreciate the posts guys. Mr. Heater is more in my price range but that other heater that reminds me of 'Robot" on "Lost in Space" sure looks like a good investment. I wonder if it would give me a Warning! Warning! Danger Mark Owens! LOL

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    WE tryed that . but found that this worked better.:)
    Pete

[​IMG]
    A lot better heater.
    [​IMG]
    And still tow the boat.

[​IMG]