Camping/RV information

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by jtrew, Feb 27, 2008.

1. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    do some research on those things b4 you jump into it. down here they are recalling the majority of the trailers because of asbestos, and a fewe other carcinagins, and toxic materials. it has been all over the news down here.

good luck.

3. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    jtrue I was following a site on the net that was selling those trailers. Looks like the dealers are snapping them up to repair and resale. Thus driving the price up. 90% of them are damaged mostly due to theft of items that come on them. Some of them even have the bathtub stolen. Nearly all I saw had holes in the walls due to the people that was living in them.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
  5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think there was a notice on this site that they were suspending camper trailer sales. Ahh they still have tons of stuff, and it changes about every day as stuff sells and more is listed.

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/

6. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    There are hundreds of them on ebay right know. They are calling these travel trailers, they are not travel trailers. They are compact mobil homes. They are designed for placement on a permenent site. They do not have clean water, waste water or black water holding tanks. No water pump. No 12 volt sysem. The furniture is the cheapest most uncomfortable junk you can imagine. The construction is absolute minimum quality. You can find 20 year old popups for 1/4 the price that are more user freindly than these things.