Camping Question?????

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by fishinfreak19D, Jun 18, 2009.

1. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    Hi everyone! This is Jeffs wife. We are wanting to go camping this weekend and I was wondering where you all thought would be the best place to camp on Milford main lake for shore fishing this time of year?? I told Jeff we couldnt camp tonight so he has NO idea whats going on. So all your help would be Great. THANKS!

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    just stay at Jim's house !! :smile2: we had a gathering at Curtis creek last year and i thought it was a nice place. im sure they've mowed by now :smile2:. you wantin a free camping place ?? hopefully someone from the area helps by the time ya need it. thats all i know bout the place.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    School Creek or Curtis. Jim would know best though.

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    School creek has some pretty good bank fishing. You can fish the cove, or go over and fish the main part of the lake. We did pretty well there during the mini gathering from the bank. The water is up a couple feet since then, that should only make the fishing better.

5. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    Hey guys thanks. I think we will be heading over to school creek where we can fish the main lake all night! Hope to come back and be able to post some nice pics over at my name (my hubby set me up with my own screen name "fishinfreakswife") Well thanks again guys! Off to set up camp.

6. liltroy

liltroy New Member

State:
    Salina, Kansas,
    school creek if you ask me

7. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    Dont know Milford at all but either way good luck tonight and catch your limit.

8. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me with picking a fishing/camping spot for the weekend when i wrote about it from the hubbies account. (he told me to get my own account and to stop using his..haha) Camping got cut short because of the bad weather, but it happens. We were about to pull in 3 pretty nice blues. (the hubby will go into the details im sure :) ) Keith it was nice meeting you, and Jim its always a pleasure to see you!!

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    You to Cheyenne. Always nice to put a face with a name. Thanks for cooking the blues. That was some of the best tasting catfish, Id ever had. :big_smile:

10. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    I had fun cooking them! i LOVE your picture you have up now!!!

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Cheyenne Keith really did say how much he liked your fish that you cooked.

But i have head Keith say that about...hotdogs,poll dogs,hambugers,pork,beef,chicken,eggs,sauges,hashbrowns,potato,lunchmeat,bread,etc,etc,etc:smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas

HAHA well it was my first time, so as long as it was eaten im cool with it:big_smile:...Hope to fry some more up soon...having it 2 nights in a row..man now im craving them blues!!

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Im really starting to favor those lake blues. I remember last year when I was at the Missouri Gathering at Truman, they cooked up a whole mess of fresh blue cat, and it was some of the best fish Ive had. Eating those blues the other day, reminded me of that. In my opinion, they are better than channel or flathead hands down. Hopefully the blues in Perry and Clinton thrive, so I can run out there, and get dinner. :big_smile: