Camping on the rediversion canal at Santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ga_sportsman, May 3, 2009.

1. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    We have heard that camping is allowed from the bridge closes to the dam toward the dam on the rediversion canal at St Stephen now.Has anyone heard anything about that.We are going on 5 -15 .

2. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Me and my friends rode down and camped there after we graduated highschool in 2003. The mosquito's were so bad we stayed in a motel the last night. When we drove out of there you had to turn on your windshield wipers to see through the mosquitos!!

3. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Was it between the bridge closes to the back of the dam?

4. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Lee,

Last time I talked to the gaurds at the Re-Diversion, you still can't technically camp down there. There rules on canopies, is it can't touch the ground. We use a quick set awning that does not have sides, but it is adjustable and I can lower it to about 3 inches from the ground, so it will keep the dew off. You also can't have fires from the rail road tressle to Russellville. One of my bag chairs is a recliner so we just take naps in that. If any of these rules have changed I don't know about them and we fish down there about once a week right now. Hope this helps

5. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thank you,We fished between the bridge closes to the dam .WE ussaly get closes to the dam as we can.just over the dike from the parking area.Have you been having luck there?