Camping on the cumberland river.

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by FishMan, Aug 26, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am looking for any campgrounds on the cumberland anywhere from around the the steam plant area to the dam on the other side of Clarksville.
    Need somewhere to park the motorhome when fishing this area. It doesn't need to be a campground if the area is safe as the motorhome is self contained.

2. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    There is a small boat ramp off of Smith Branch Road, (I think that is the right name). There are no facilites in this area, just a parking area and a ramp. No water or electrical hook ups, and no dock either. I was just out there last weekend to see what the area looks like and its not too bad and pretty secluded. If you need directions I can get the map out and give you road by road directions. It should be pretty east too if you are coming from Bumpus Mills area as this area is not to far off of HWY 79. Let me know if you need some directions. TNBIGCAT

3. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Smith Branch is a good place to fish just right here of Dotsonville road but you cant park a camper down there your supposed to be out of there by night fall but they never care if you come in latter i live right down from it and put my boat in there time to time but can't set a camper there if we are talking about the same smith branch ramp?

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Danny, if you go about 2 miles down the road from the steamplant boat ramp toward Dover there is a campground called Elk Harbor Campground. They have water, elect, sewer and grassy campsites. No access to the river from there, but it's only a few minutes to the steamplant.

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks bryan...I'll try that one sometime.

6. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Elk Harbor now that is a nice place.. cross creeks is right next to it and man the crappie are thick in the spring there !!! thats my little crappie hole down there. it's like a 50 acre TVA lake and like Bryan said it is right up the road from the steam plant and the boat ramp for the lake is right across the hwy and the ramp for the river is up the road alittle across from the steam plant