camping on lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by catoon, Jun 23, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    we going camping this weak end any ideas of a nice lake other than pic wic we can bank fish and camp at
    :eek:oooh:

2. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Longhunter state park at percy priest. you'd be right at the lake, it's really cheap, and if you needed supplies you'd be about 3 minutes away from a wally world.

3. tntitans21399

tntitans21399 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I camped out on Percy Priest Lake, on one of the islands. It wasn't hard to find fire wood and you can fish all around the island. If you don't have a boat or a friend with a boat to shuttle you, then Long Hunter is the best bet.

Just looked this up for you, camping by Corps
    Poole Knobs
    $10 - $22, 88 sites, (615) 459-6948, I-24 E to Exit 64, Waldron Rd E to Murfreesboro Rd S to Fergus E to Jones Mill Rd E, campground 5 miles on left.
    (I tihnk you can fish there, I haven't been but that's what one website said)

Anderson Road
    $12 - $14, 37 sites, (615) 361-1980, I-40 E to Exit 219, Stewarts Ferry Pk S (becomes Bell Rd) to Smith Springs Rd L to Anderson Rd L, campground 2.5 miles on left.
    (I think anderson rec area is in the area)

Seven Points
    $18 - $24, 60 sites, (615) 889-5198, I-40 E to Exit 221B, Old Hickory Blvd S to Bell Rd E to New Hope Rd S to Stewarts Ferry Pk E, campground 3 miles on right.

4. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    dale hollow.
    there is a recreation park there. its on the river, and has streams they stock every week with trout.
    i love it down there

5. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I DONT KNOW WHAT PART OF TENN. YOU ARE FROM BUT FORT MT. STATE PARK IN CHATSWORTH GA.IS AN EXCELENT PLACE.IT BORDERS TENN. NOT FAR FROM CHATTANOGA.GOOD BANK FISHING AND HUGE CATS AND BASS.