Camping on Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by turk, Apr 28, 2008.

1. turk

turk New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A few of my co workers are talking about making a trip and camping on one of the islands on monticello. I remember from last year seeing signs on the islands that camping was permitted after a certain date as not to interfear with goose nesting season, does any one know what date you can start camping on the islands, thanks. Also does anyone know where is the closest place to stay when fishing the lake with out driving all the way back to Newberry

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Unless theres a hotel in Pomaria, which I doubt but dont know for sure, then Newberry is the closest place.

I cant hardly ever remimber the excact dates for island camping but I think its no camping from April 15th till May 15th.I'm not 100% on that though.

3. turk

turk New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Cris. I know of 1 rental house on the lake but at 175.00 a night and up its a might pricey unless you are going in a large group.

4. turk

turk New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Flat as soon as I get 10 post I will reply to your Question . I would rather not post answer on forum.:wink: Thats 7 post

5. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    Winnsboro would prolly be closer than Newberry . You could always Camp at one of 2 camp site's on Broad river Impondment . Both locations are Primitve but do have running water & night lights

. The Broad river impondment is where the water out of Monitecllo goes when Fairfield Pumped Storage makes generates .I also suspect that you could also fish the tail race and catch some huge fish , just dont many fish for huge cats in the river,but I do know that there has been some 40# plus caught on troutlines in the past few years

Hope this helps

Allen