Camping near Pintlala Creek this weekend

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by BamaRiverRat, Jul 3, 2007.

1. BamaRiverRat

BamaRiverRat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'm putting in at Swift Creek and camping near Pintlala Creek this weekend. Any tips on where to chunk out some jugs in the evenings? I'm trying to convert one of my bass fishing buddies to the joy of chasing cats and would like to hook him the first time. I don't know that area of the river well.

2. turkey22

turkey22 New Member

State:
    alabama
    If you are up in the creek there is a big bend right before you hit the main river. I would start there then come out the river take a left and put em out down the south bank about 40 yards out. There,s a hard bottom there and people do good on jugs there. I have fished there all my life, but I mainly use trotlines. If you can get some live bream there's some big yellowcat in that area. If you will head down stream about 2 miles theres tallawassee creek you should do good there also. Hope this helps.

3. BamaRiverRat

BamaRiverRat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks Turkey. I was thinking the same thing. How deep would you run your jug leaders considering the level of the river.

4. turkey22

turkey22 New Member

State:
    alabama
    I fish the trotlines on the bottom but most of the jugs I see have about 4 feet of line. That's way off the bottom but they have good luck with it. Good luck

5. BamaRiverRat

BamaRiverRat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks Turkey. I'll be in a Stratos with a teal stripe. Holler if you see me.

6. fisheater

fisheater New Member

State:
    Alabama
    How did you do jugging

7. BamaRiverRat

BamaRiverRat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    never got around to it. the bass and crappie were biting too good

i'll try next time