Camping in Illinois

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by coalminer78, Jun 17, 2007.

1. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    Where is everyones favorite place to camp in IL? We mainly go to resort camps because the kids like the pools. Thanks

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i like to go to rend lake primitive campground. no rv hookups, but there is a nice little cove that runs in there, and i have caught tons of big cats there in the springtime. only scary thing is that its real close to a prison.

3. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I like to camp at lake shelbyville alot COON CREEK Nice big mature trees great fishing.

4. Zebco 33

Zebco 33 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don't worry about the prisoners, they are truefully more afraid of you than you are of them!

Wayne Friztgerald and South Sanddusky are really nice places to camp. Little grassy/Devil's Kitchen is nice also.

I like the smaller primitive areas, like Red Hills and Belle Woods.

Arrowhead Lake in my home town of Johnston City is a nice spot also.

Jerry

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Bo-wood once in a while at Shelby, Ramsey Lake, small but old trees and nice lake for crappie and channels, bass, nice and quite. down at the fish camp on the Kasky river, Forbes now and again, mostly the smaller state lakes and parks for us, Then we have the place at Lost Valley in Mo. for the resort type gatherings.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Randy have you ever caught anything out of the lake at Lost Valley and have they ever rebuilt the main building after the fire?

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hello John, nothing to "write home about" but usually don't fish it real hard when there. Last I looked the Lodge should be done by know, and I have no idea on the upper lake never fished in it? my daughter and I usually mess around the ponds for a trout or two when there and her and Mom go Horse back ridding. It is a nice place I guess, LOL, its just not where I go to worry about fishing much, more along the lines of playing ya know. we mostly stay over around like holiday times, just for family fun...LOL I guess. Are you a member there?

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Years ago I was at a freinds property by Galaconda, far south, had a small river that ran into the Ohio River. Good Fishing about 7 miles by boat to the Ohio.

9. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    My favorite campgrounds are; North Sandusky at Rend Lake, Devils Backbone on the Mississippi at Grand Tower, and Duquoin State Fairgrounds. All three have good catfishing within sight of your campsite.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jim I expect that creek is called Lusk Creek.I've caught a lot of fish in that creek. The town is Golconda and is part of the Ohio Smithland Pool. There is several places to camp along this section of the Ohio.