Camping in Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by kmcalester, Jul 31, 2008.

1. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Where in Missouri or even Kansas that might have some good results for camping and catfishing?

Would like to find area where you might be able to canoe and fish, and take the kids?

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    The wife and I like Osceloa Mo. We stay in the Osceloa rv park. It is right on the water. We have had good luck with catching blues this year. Good fishing within canoe range. The price for full hookup is $16 dollars a night electric and water $15 a night and tent $12 a night. The also have shower house and laundry. Hope this helps.

Tom

3. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey Kevin; Try Osage bluff. You need to call me and I will hook you up with some good fishing.

Later Steve 669-438-3135

4. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    There is a duck head take in out area where the landings are only 1/8 mile apart but the river strecth is about 2 miles. The mosquitos get pretty bad but area is nice with a outhouse, parking lot etc. Be careful to check the river levels if you are taking kids, but I see canoes and kayaks out there all summer. Look it up on the MDC website, atlas, area, platte county, platte falls. I catch fish using wicked sticky fishing by the ramps all summer. I'd even bring you some firewood that night!

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Windsor Crossing, on the Tebo arm of Truman Lake (south of Windsor about 10 miles) might be a good place - there's a nice campground there and plenty of access to good shore fishing for cats. The lake isn't too wide at that point and there's not a lot of recreational boaters, just fisherman for the most part. So it's a good place to go out in the canoe and poke around.

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    If you want to camp on the missouri ,theres a good place on the point where the laminesgoes into the missouri ,but you will have to rough it ,no bathrooms ,no people ,no worries:wink:

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Oh yea, if you dont have a boat your walking 4 miles to get there

8. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The lady will rough it along with me, but I better have a shower house close by.