Camping fishing lake texoma

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by catnhat, Sep 19, 2006.

1. catnhat

catnhat New Member

State:
    holliday texas
    with the weather cooling off im thinking of sliping off to camp an fish for 2-3 days was thinging of trying some where around the mouth of red river on lake texoma.anyone know of a good caming/fishing spot they wood be willing to share .thanks for any help you can give.

2. Mr. Rooster

Mr. Rooster New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    try logging online. i know that juniper point is on the red river arm near the 377 bridge, and they have campsites. I have read in magazines that the fishing is good there in the summer. I myself go to eisenhauwer state park in denison, it is near the dam. anytime you go to texoma you have the chance of catching a trophy. good luck, and let me know how you do. I would get one of those waterproof lake maps of texoma and do some research online though if I were you.

Eric

3. catfish dreams

catfish dreams New Member

State:
    Huffman texas
    Check out Cedar landing they have tent sites;camper sites;cabins.There is a point there that Ive fished for years caught several fish over 50# from the bank. There is deep water close.Also camped alot at Paw PAW creek and Rock creek, Rock creek has a good point and all kinds off camp sites.I grew up in Whitesboro fished all over the Texas side. Also know a bunch of places that are GREAT. Wish I was going to;maybe in 2 or 3 weeks Ill go.My MOM and BROTHER still live there;need to go visit and fish. Use to go on the river at Slickem Slew but I think they closed acces. Haggerman Wildlife Refuge has Great fishing but you cant fish at night or camp. Good luck it is a Beautiful lake with 100 plus BLUES swimming in 89000 acres of water.

4. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    man,that sounds like fun!

5. catnhat

catnhat New Member

State:
    holliday texas
    went out of town on a job just got home to check this post . thanks boys ceder landing sounds like what im looking for.trying for week end after next if all go well .once agin thanks for the info.