camping equipement transporting

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by catoon, Dec 18, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i took a utility truck cut it in half and made a trailor i could tow. the kind with all the compartments around it. i can put all gear in it and leave my jeep for me and my family to ride in. what yall use?

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My truckcamper and boat. lol :big_smile::big_smile:

When me and Bo just head down your way for the TNR with those folks, I take that little mazda. With 2 rows of seats up, I put the coolers and stuff behind that second row. I put bedding, pillows, coats on the floor of passenger seat and second row. Bo can then lay down in the front or the back. Hey it's about a 7 hour drive, my dog has to be comfortable. lol A man has to take care of his dog.

Cat when I set up camp, I don't take a tent. Bo and I sleep in that little van. With the back 2 rows of seating down, there is plenty of room for us to sleep.

The back door of that van lifts up to open, so it is like a small porch roof.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We have a VAN 87 ford called the fishen buggy ...hook the boat up and way we go!

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Usually put camper shell back on my pickup and shove everthing in there.At camp site everything comes out anyway.Try to arrange so when I get there it's fairly well in order.

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I just move stuff outa the way and stay in my van, or outside if its nice out

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish on Tuesday nights with Griz and the gang. I load up my ( FISH MOBILE) 1984 1-Ton chevy van. It is open all the way, from the back doors to the front seats with 1 long bench row seat that runs down both sides of the van. This allows for 6 people to sit in case of rain or storms. In my Van is a air mattress...folding tables, cooking stove, large container w/ cooking supplies of all kinds. Bags of charcoal, large 92 qt cooler, large tackle box, video camera w/ tri-pod stand, Rods & reels, several concealed weapons and lots of other goodies too. There is still room to have a square dance...LOL . I love it. Just got it this year , But it fits my style to a tee!!!!!:big_smile:

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Post some pics John. Would love to see it.

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I Got a19 ft converson van that I use when the weather is bad if its nice i just thow my stuff in the back of my truck Goldie my jack/rat rides in the front seat next to me no back seat for my baby:big_smile:

9. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Wow. sounds like alot of you guys got it all figured out.:cool2:. I usually am in such a hurry to get to the lake/river i just throw all my stuff were it will fit and go, but of course once i get there i end up kickin myself cuz it usually take ten to twenty minutes to get all the stuff outta my boat:eek:oooh: so i can launch it. i gotta rethink my approach to packin.

10. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Like MRR, we have a camper shell we put on the back of the old man's 4WD 1 ton crew cab. We have some old ammo boxes that are about 3' x 2' x 8" with good latches and a seal that keep them water proof. One is our kitchen box. The other WAS our tent box, but since we've got the new tent it may get retired or used for some other purpose. HMMMMMM.......:wink: :roll_eyes:

Thanks for a good thread, cattoon!

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John is this what they mean when "one is roughing it?":smile2: Nice set up.

12. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    A van full of this that and the other 3 kids and a boat full of bicycles,firewood ,coolers,rods,grill, and so on and so on and so on . It doesn't take long to set up the tent,matresses,blankets . Takes more time to put everything back up when I get home !

13. MOVINON

MOVINON Member

State:
    Glenwood Iowa
    I have a large plastic tote with wheels on one end for all the cooking stuff. If you take a wife or significant other with you it is wise to avoid making the trip allot of work or women usually lose interest. I keep the tote in the boat or my van but this spring I plan on buying one of those plastic tool boxes on 2 wheels and squeezing as much cooking stuff in the as possible and getting rid of the rest. One thing that really agrivates me is making too many trips from where I park to the campsite carrying a bunch of boxes and bags of stuff. I also plan on trying to design a dolly to hold my fishing stuff. Learning to travel light is the key. I switched from foam cushions to air matresses and now I use those lawn chairs that fold up in to a bag and you can put them on your back like a backpack. I used to have a small utility trailer for all of my camping stuff but when I got my boat the trailer had to go. If you need a trailer Harbor Freight has one that you can assemble yourself for about $169.00 then build some sort of compartment on it or get a cargo rack that will mount in a reciever hitch and they have about a 400 LB capacity but you can't use your hitch to pull anything.