Camping at Mark Twain Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by recurvericky, Jun 11, 2007.

1. recurvericky

recurvericky New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I will be visiting Mark Twain Lake the first weekend in August and would like some suggestions on camp sites. We need at least 30am service, running water and sewage would be nice.

2. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All of the Corp parks would have the service electrical / water +(dump station)you need, Indian creek, Ray Behrens, are 2 largest.

3. recurvericky

recurvericky New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thanks for the info. What is the name of the marina that is across the lake from the dam?

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    If you'll type in Clarance Cannon Dam on the web search you'll probably find out just about everything you want to know about the Dam and Mark Twain Lake. Hopefully this will help you out some.Best of luck!

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    That would be Black Jack

6. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    I've stayed at Ray Behrens several times its very nice,theres even a couple of spots you can leave your boat on the bank and walk up to your camp site.

7. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Indian Creek has it's own ramp just for the campers. Also has sites where you can walk down to water. Just might need reservations though.

8. recurvericky

recurvericky New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Do you know which sites you can dock your boat near? I think my two sites are 97 and 96.

9. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    96 & 97 are not on the shoreline but it's a short distance to the East ramp (least busy). Look up site map at: http://www.recreation.gov/