Camping at Keystone Lake in Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by darklight825, Jun 12, 2006.

1. darklight825

darklight825 New Member

State:
    pa
    I am going to Keystone lake this weekend. If anyone knows anything about it I'd appreciate some tips. I have never been there.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Rick! Welcome to the B.O.C.!:0a25: I have fished Keystone a few times. Not sure what kind of info you want but there is a boat launch on each side of the lake. A bait shop is located on the right side before the dam. Lake is deep. There are a lot of submerged timber piles along the shorelines that were planted by sportsman groups. I know of a sunken Island almost straight out from the boat launch on the right side of the lake that is a great spot to fish. Good Luck! Let us know how you do!

3. kjcat

kjcat New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    If you are talking about the Keystone Power dam, I live near by and can help. Everything Scott said is correct, it is a deep clear lake.

Keith

4. darklight825

darklight825 New Member

State:
    pa
    I think it is the shallower lake in the state park. How far from the power dam will I be? I hear it's better there than the park.

5. kjcat

kjcat New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Honestly I am only familiar with the power dam. It is right out side of Elderton, and about 15 min. from Indiana - IUP.
    The power dam is very deep in the channel that hugs the highway, and it is a pretty clear lake. It does hold some BIG musky as well and some very good bass. There is a camp ground at the shallow end I think it's called Arrowhead, but not sure. Make sure not to have any campfires, I learn the hard way that on commision "run" lakes you get a $50 fine. I had one going in an already existing fire pit near the dam and he had his light off and coasted in at night behind us.

Hope it helps.

Keith