camping at baden

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by monstercatmatt, May 13, 2008.

1. monstercatmatt

monstercatmatt New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Im planning on taking the family to baden sat if everythings goes rite and theres a spot above the tracks on the right side of the lake that cleared out i seen people camping there b4 is it ok to be there . Because i saw yall talking about somewhere up there is private property and i aint tryin to get a ticket or worse. any info would be very appricated.

2. Rputman

Rputman New Member

State:
    nc
    I fish up the river channel alot I see people camping in there. I talked to one guy who said the owner didnt care as long as the trash stayed cleaned up. I see this guy bring his boat in with all his gear and set up for the weekend. Good luck maybe if I am down this week end I wil stop and say hello.

3. monstercatmatt

State:
    n.c.
    yea man stop on by im hopin to get there sat morning early and set up. And then go find some bait and just relax and fish all day.

4. Rputman

Rputman New Member

State:
    nc
    If the bait is where it was a few weeks ago. bring a dip net and go up river to the damn. The shad were running the wall. Just dip em up. tried the throw net they were just to close to the wall. Good luck.

5. monstercatmatt

State:
    n.c.
    Since im on the subject of it if i fish there from the bank is the flatheads eating yet. I know its a flat through there id like to hook up with one of them giants or heck it aint even got to be giant just big enough to be happy about.

6. monstercatmatt

State:
    n.c.
    Hey anyone on here ever camped at badin lake campground and did any good catfishing cause i think im going to stay there instead to avoid a fine.

7. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Hey matt I just did a full search on camping at Badin Lake.....I couldnt find anything that says yall cant stay on that site but I also couldnt find anything saying you could.....so lets hope someone on here knows.

8. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I've seen people camp many times, I dont know if they ever got a ticket. but never see a game warden at lake so it would have to be somebody from shore, thats a long walk. they probably dont do it much but you know how that goes. I may fish sat night or sunday morning. Pier Pressure has camped at that spot up river before maybe he will see this thread before you have to leave for lake. see ya later

9. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have seen game wardens and sheriff's dept. boats in the Old Whitney area fairly often but it's usually during the summer.

10. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina

I have camped there also. Never seen any signs saying that you couldn't. Until we do, I don't see how they can enforce it.

11. monstercatmatt

State:
    n.c.
    I want to thank everyone for the info. Im planning on leavin in the morning and setting up there cause i looked on the uhwarrie nf web site and it says if there aint no signs saying (no camping) u can camp ther. And the land is owned by unf so ill take a fine to court if i haft to damnit yall have a good weekend and good luck with the fishing.:big_smile: