Camping around Lakes Tillery or Badin

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by BILLYP, Mar 27, 2007.

1. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Does anyone know of a good camping area around badin or tillery lakes???
    For a tent and camp fire that I can pull my boat up to the shore?

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Billy, I like Arrowhead campground on Badin. It's 15$/nt with electric (2 outlets)12$/nt without. There are shower and bathroom facilities, Potable running water, and a beautiful new boat ramp. To get info google Uwharrie camping. I'm planning a trip there myself the weekend of April 13.

3. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    Can't say much about free camping on tillery, but Badin has a few good spots. Skiers cove(UNF prop.), one of the islands(alcoa prop.) out in the middle between Glady's and palmer mtn. and up river near the trestle there are some that are on alcoa game lands I believe. On uwharrie nat. forest property I think you'll have to abid by the campground rules, no alcohol, no huge fires, quiet time, etc.. The others are usually no holds barred from what I've witnessed. I camped up river last weekend and there was plenty of fire wood, but bring a chainsaw or plenty of powerbars and campsaw. I left some cut wood upriver, but it will have a short shelf life I'm sure.

4. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Yeah we haven't decided which Lake we are going to hit up yet but thankyou for that information. It will probibly be around Middle of May or so, just trying to get a good plan together. Although it will never go by the plan but it is good to have one.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    might want to check on the alcoa islands for camping. i heard you couldnt camp on those island but i know some folks do. i hate to see you have to move camp in the middle of the night if that be the case. last time i got checked at badin by the warden was around 3.00 am in the morning. kind of surprised me to see them out at that time of morning but they was out there in the rain too. i would check first. there is morrow mountain state park on tillery. cannot park your boat at the camp site but they do have a pretty nice boat landing. it is a closed gate camping area after hours but i guess you could load and unload if you wanted too at any hour. might want to check on that too if your interested in tillery. of coarse you will have to listen to all the harley davidson on the park crusing the park. isnt it funny how we have state parks to get out and listen to nature and here comes some loud harley.

6. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Badin has quite a few campsites.

7. Bottomline

Bottomline New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Arrowhead is the only one I've stayed at, but there are several.

8. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    Morrow Mt State Park. Its on the Stanly Co. side of Tillery. Lots of campsites, nice facilities, but you will have to trailer your boat to the ramp, as the campsites are not right on the water. It is only about a 1 min ride to the ramp though.