Camping and fishing.

Discussion in 'Capt Steve's RV and Camping Talk' started by FishMan, Mar 29, 2009.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It seems very diffucult to find anyplace to fish from the bank and have the RV close by. I know about Pickwick. Can anybody tell me about other places. RV is self contained so I don't always need to be in a campground. I just picture myself sitting by the RV and being on the riverbank with a couple poles in the water and having a great river view.

Danny

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I would recommend some places, but it is here in California:crazy: I fish many places and buddys bring there RV. We fish right out side of it:wink: It sure makes it nice.

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    A lot of places here in Oklahoma. Next week we are going to the lake and where we camp it only about 30' to the water. Good fishing for channels and blues. Electric and water at the camp site.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Theres lots of good places to camp and fish in The ( Land Between The Lakes) in Western Kentucky....not too far from Bumpus Mills. You'll need an annual back woods camping permit that costs $20 a year. You can camp and fish in the same spot for up to 14 days and then you have to move your campsite to a new location. But for $20 a year....you can basically live out there.:cool2:

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I found a few places but nothing on any deep water. They will be nice camping spots close to home. I may never find anything on the river but will keep looking.

6. daeja

daeja New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Used to fish and camp at Pickwick when I was a kid. I loved it.

7. grandpa7

grandpa7 New Member

State:
    alabama
    Welcome to the BOC Daeja.:big_smile:

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC Angela.

9. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Check out wilbur d mills around Dumas. Right by the arkansas river and the hydro plant isn't at all far with skips! Also pendleton park is on the arkansas river right before that. Now tar camp is right on the arkansas too but bear in mind skeeters get really bad at night:tounge_out: