Camping and catfishing in north carolina

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by carolinacat, Mar 29, 2006.

1. carolinacat

carolinacat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i want to take the family camping and also bank fish right from our camping spot if possible. anyeone know of some good spots for this?

im in the lake norman area but will travel a few hours for the camping trip if need be.

thanks

2. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    we just float down to a good looking sandbar and set up camp. i dont like most camping areas due to drunks and loud mouths. i had rather be out on the river in seclusion.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's what I was gonna say....although there has been one camping spot on Lake Gaston that had excellent fishing and people....and that's Americamps.:)

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you may want to check with morrow mountain state park. its on lake tillery and come april the catfishing should be great in that area of the lake. they have some cabins and some camping sites. you can rent paddle boats to play. they have a pier and a paved boat landing area. they dont allow any drinking that i know of. paved roads to drive on. it located on the upper end of the lake off hwy 24/27 going out of albemarle. pretty nice

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i just read the your thread again. there camp sites are not right on the lake sorry. you can check the uwharrie national forest on badin lake but the catfishing may not be as good on that part of the lake from the bank.

6. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    If you dont mind a little trip. My family and I went to Sanford, NC and went to San_Lee park.Its an awesome camping area with a good size resivoir on it. They feed the catfish in the lake about every 6 hrs with automatic feeders. All the catfish we caught averaged about 6-8 lbs. There is a dock that you can fish from and lots of bank.Just an all aound nice park.

7. carolinacat

carolinacat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks folks. lll be looking into some of your spots. should be a good time either way.

8. playinghooky

playinghooky New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Cane creek is a county park in monroe nc It has a 60 acre lake full of cats
    Some of the campsites can be fished off of.Boats have to be tied up at dark.
    If you need more info let me know.

9. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Parkers Creek on Jordan Lake. Its one of the State Parks on Jordan. Off hwy. 64. Check out N.C. State Parks for location and info. Can fish right at most of the campsites. Can even tie up your boat rigth there. Go during the week if possible to avoid crowds. No alcohol allowed and quite at night. Well patroled. Camping on sand bars or anywhere else on our rivers and lakes is being cut out due to the lack of respect of a few. The trash and junk some throw out and leave everywhere has about stopped private land use. Also it is unbelivible what people throw down when there are trash containers at most sites. I see a lot of beer cans with yards and yards of line tied and wrapped around them thown away. (Think this is some kind of homemade reel ) !!!!!!!!!!!! I think it understands spanish !!!!!!!!!!!