Campfires on the river

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by impak209, Jun 30, 2007.

1. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    OK THIS MAY SEEM LIKE A SILLY QUESTION BUT IM NOT ORIGINALLY FROM OHIO, I VE BEEN FISHING A LOT IN THE AREA AND FINDING REMANENTS OF BONFIRES AND CAMPFIRES PRETTY MUCH EVERYWHERE FROM LITTLE CREESLS TO THE MAUMEE. I PERSONALLY CARRY 2 LANTERNS AND HAVE'NT HAD A FIRE BECAUSE I AM UNSURE OF THE REGS. I TRIED LOOKING THEM UP ONLINE BUT HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING OTHER THAN FIRE SAFTEY TIPS. I AM PLANNING AN ALL NIGHTER TONIGHT AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A WELL INFORMED DECISION IF ANYONE HAS SOME AWNSERS FOR ME IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

2. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    impak209, I fish in central Ohio Alum Creek and Delaware. Fires are only legal at state approved sites , like camp grounds with a fire rings. I've never seen anyone sited for fires on the bank, but it is possible since it is not legal. I normally only start fires in areas that aren't accessed easily by officers just to be on the safe side.

3. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    thanks ,, i plan on finding a covered spot east of independence dam tonite , pretyy xcited should be leaving here shortly i picked up one of those little table top grills and a chimney log figure it ll be both safer and easier.