Campers, hunters could see higher fees under governor's latest budget

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bwhupp, Apr 1, 2008.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    SPRINGFIELD, Ill. --

Hunters and campers in Illinois could be paying more in fees under Governor Rod Blagojevich's latest budget proposal.
    The administration hinted weeks ago that some higher park fees could be necessary to fill a $750 million budget gap.
    So Blagojevich is proposing that campers pay $5 more per day for electric hookups and $10 more per day for sites on holiday weekends. Out-of-state hunters would pay more for archery and firearm licenses.
    The state's Department of Natural Resources says current fees aren't keeping pace with actual utility costs.
    Lawmakers are scheduled to meet through the end of May.
    The proposed fees would go into effect July First.

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    great, more money to be sent to chicago to be spent on stuff that will never benefit the actual state of illinois. and they wanna close some of our campsites to boot? i swear illinois should just give chicago to wisconsin:angry:

3. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shane now that wouldnt help out our buddies to the north, I belive they just need to make Chicago it OWN state!:wink:

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Supposedly.... sales on licenses (fishing and hunting) have plummeted and there isn't as much interest to the outdoors as there once was.

That's there excuse and they are sticking to it.. while sticking it to us.

5. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Most of the money will be stold by are the Politicians. It is just another way to rob us. i think about half of the springfield Politicians are under some kind of corruption indictments and the govenor is the head theif

6. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Hey Brian, I see you are close to me. Do you fish the missississippi? Do you have a boat? I do. When are we going fishing? My boat will be ready in a week are so. I have the rods reels bait ect. Let me know. That goes for anyone else too, that wants to fish the missississippi , the mo are maybe carlyle. Send me a email

dixie_shit@yahoo.com

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I have never fished the Mississippi. if you know it well enough and won't mind taking a complete green horn out on it, I'll be more than happy to roll with you. Maybe beat my record sized fish of 13lbs that I caught last weekend at Baldwin!

This weekend my father and i are hitting Baldwin. First time he has been fishing since last September due to surgery on his colon. It will be good for him to go out and do some fishing with his boat.

You looking at attending the Rend Lake gathering Patrick this June?

8. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    I may attend the rend lake thing.Still a little far off for me to know. So 13 pounds is your best, well I would be insulted if I caught a 13 pound cat on the mississippi. I know a place by chain of rocks where we can catch some monsters at this time of the year with the river being up. I/m busy this week end too, maybe next week end?

If you want to see some monster cats go to the weigh in about 3 oclock on the 12th at the alton marina.

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Is the raised prices going to help things in the state of Illinoise, or just Chicago

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i live about a half mile from the miss. ill be gettin ahold of ya for sure

11. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    I'm sure the extra money will go to Chicago and any that is left over will trickle down, maybe it will trickle down as far as Springfield. Look for all licences to double in a year or so ( my prediction ). Specking of laws, have you heard of the federal law going into effect September 30 2008? All boats that in any way discharges any liquid into the water will have to have a EPA permit, this includes a motor that has a tell-tale ( pee stream ), a boat with a sink, shower, etc... I read this on Boattest.com about an hour ago. There are some people trying to enlighten the Senators who overdosed on numbskull pills before passing this Bill.