Camper Trailer Reviews

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by Itch2Scratch, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Please tell us what you use and the pro's and con's of your unit.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

http://www.jayco.com/php/products/lite.weight/floorplans.php?id=134
    the above is a link to the type of camper we have. While mine is not new, bought second hand, it is in good shape. My complaints are for me it is small but, it is what the wife wanted. My only other complaint is that I havn't figured out how to haul it and a boat at the same time, lol.

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Judy and I have a little pull behind camper called a teardrop camper. We built this little bugger a while back and have camped in it a few times now. We love the dickens out of it, but there is for sure not much room inside except for sleeping. It has a full queen size memory foam mattress and lots of cabinet storage inside and in the hatch. We particularly like the kitchen hatch and it has a microwave, coffee maker, and cook top in it. There is extra storage under the countertop for pots and pans.

The little camper pulls great and is very lightweight, it is only 8 feet long and 5 feet wide but it sure beats sleeping in a tent. It is very easily heated and cooled with all the insulation in the floor, ceiling and walls. The only down side we have found with it is, we are not as flexible as we once were and it is just a tad difficult to get in and out of. We have an Firstup canopy with sides that we use to dress in and get in out of the rain. Now if any of you ever visit us during a heavy rain be sure to bring your umbrella because that Firstup canopy does leak and we are going to fix that the next time we camp. Here are a few pictures of the little dickens that we call the "Vol-Un-Tear". (Tennessee fans you know)

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16390&d=1160143028

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16389&d=1160142585

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16388&d=1160142585

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16387&d=1160142585

And a few more pictures

Attached Files:

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Jim my father had a tear drop camper when I was young. I know that he and my mother loved theirs. I trid to talk the wife into one but she likes to "spread out" and has to have the puppies, 160 pounds and 100 pounds, in the bed with her. I really like your camper that thing was great.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have an Innsbrook 27fks. I like it because it has a queen size bed in it and the bath room has a tub and shower that a 250 lb person can take a shower or bath with ease. It has more storage then I can find in my home. It has a slid out in the living room and a good size kitchen with all the necessary things needed.
    The couch lets out into a full size bed and the dinning table can be let down into a single size bed. There is a lot of storage room in the seat area at the table and the one chair swings out so you can face the living room.
    It has electric or gas water heater. Gas heat and over head air that is duct through the ceiling. Complete wall to wall surround sound from front to back.
    This trailer has it all and that is what I call roughing it.:big_smile:

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I've got a 24'pull type that I use for deer hunting when I go and also a 29'Comfort 5th wheel.We take it down to the river camp of a friend of ours during the summer. Need to do some work on it so don't know if I'll be using it this summer or just sit and do some work on it.
    They are both older campers so both need a lot of work done on them.

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Benji, I checked out the link you posted and really like the floor plan of the camper. I see your point in having a larger camper with them little puppies.LOL

Willard, you don't have a camper, you have a condo and a very nice one at that. Man we could live in that bad boy.

8. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Jim, beautiful work. Just lovely!:smile2:

9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Thank you Dave, I appreciate that buddy.

10. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Jim, nice looking tear drop. In 1965, I bought a 1947 orginial tear drop (for $100,00) pulled it all over the USA. Man I loved that thing, and i'm thinking serious about building one. I have the plans already, you've just got me more in the mood.
    Today we travel in a small 22 ft, class C motor home. I prefer the travel trailer better, thinking of trading this summer.
    Happy camping to all....

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bubbakat that ain't camping that is luxury living.:haha: :beauty:

12. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have a coleman popup its got 2 queen beds and 1 single bed a roof top AC, little fridge, 3 burner stove, microwave, 20 in flat tv and dvd player a table and 2 benches plenty of cabinets its really nice and comfortable the only problem i have with it is i hate to crank it up its a pain in the arse to setup.

13. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My wife and I have a 27 1/2 ft Sunnybrook 5th wheel. Did not buy it new but it is in great shape. 1 slide out and it has all the room we need. I could live in it pretty easy but don't think she could. :big_smile:

14. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Just bought a new travel trailer and will pick it up at 2pm today.

Here's a couple pictures:

Attached Files:

15. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I had a used teardrop camp trailer that had been stored in a garage somewhere and it looked like new. I really loved that trailer. I use to pull it with a 1968 VW bug and it handled it with no problems. I took it to the Colorado river and to the high sierras camping. It was a blast. Wished I had it now. Brings back old memories. Thanks.

:cool2:

16. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i have a coleman tent i sold my camper i miss the air only

17. jimmy willaby

jimmy willaby New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    34 ft Winnebago class a, 1991 model 21,000 miles . Pull the pontoon boat and motorcycle with it when we go on vac .All the comforts of home
    We had a class C but my coordinated wife fell out of bed twice, she said get a class A or my camping days are over . :smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i just bought an older class c mh that is in pritty good shape . im selling my 1970 avion c-11 slide in truck camper if anybody is interested. best offer.:crazy: ya iknow the economy is bad and gas prices are high but everybody should have a camper and this is the one for you.:big_smile::cool2:

19. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a Cherokee light model 28A It's a little under 30ft travel trailer. Queen size bed in front bunk beds in the back for kids 1 large slide out. Full size fridge\freezer oven w\3 burner range full size bathroom with tub and shower. 50 gal fresh water tank 25 gal grey & black tanks. I wanted a pop up but wife wanted this one. Well alt east I got a F250 diesel fx4 to pull it with. We love it! It makes it easy and cheap for a family of four to take off for a long weekend or a week at a time. I have pics in my photo albums. I used to pull it with a 1/2 ton but I had to upgrade to a 3/4 ton.