Camper tops, what do ya do with them?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bobpaul, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I know several of you have that old camper top from either upgrading or it won't fit the truck you have now, or it was such a good deal, you just had to buy it.

Think chicken coop.

Went out to the boss's place yesterday and finally got to see his chicken coop he's been braggin' on. A camper top, put to good use.

Attached Files:

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    LOL Thats a good idea. Easy to get into it to clean it and do other things.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The GMC Sonoma gave up the ghost and I wasn't about to put another $3000 into rebuilding it a second time, so got an F150. My oldest boy moved home with his two dogs, that makes 4. One of his tears everything up in the garage, so I set the camper top up as a dog house. Used landscape timbers to raise it some and keep it from digging in to the dirt and put down some pieces of treated plywood I had around for flooring. Works great.

Your pictures, however, give me some new ideas. Build a taller tower and use it for a deer stand roof, build a really small cabin, find an old boat and make a cuddy cabin, and on.

4. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Not sure i'd do that with my new topper, but hey anything goes when ya live in the country.

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Now thats a good Idea for my old shell,it has been on my truck since I put the tool box on the truck.

6. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I have a old camper top given to me by my father in law It makes a good lawnmower shelter put it on 8 cement blocks works great

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    See, I just knew there were a bunch out there that can't bear to part with them shells.

My boss calls himself a high tech redneck, because his garage is bigger than his house.

The Corvette is just inside the first open door, and a 91 full dress electraglide is just inside the last closed door.

Attached Files:

8. Keeyaawww!!!!...Now dats wat I call a "shickin truck".....:lol: "shickin truck shicken truck, behind it I'm stuck....shicken truck shickin truck , just my luck....shickin truck shickin truck on highway 65....(Ole John Anderson song.....)

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Thats a good use for a topper. I like the lawn mower idea too!
    Bill

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Not only is his garage bigger than his house... it also looks better. :lol: