Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see this article about someone putting a full sized camper on a temporary sandbar in the Ohio River by Evansville? https://www.yahoo.com/news/indiana-sandbar-ohio-river-answer-090015926.html

For the life of me, I can't imagine why someone would go through all of the trouble to get it out there. Recent highwater swept it away. Wish I knew where it ended up, would be some excellent cover for a monster flattie!! :ROFLMAO:

Tom and Dan, did you guys see it out there???

·
Premium Member
6,434 Posts
Like Derby my local network news is out of Evansville located about 70 mi. east of me and he is right, it got quite a bit of coverage. My sister lives in E-ville and she has heard it was mostly just the shell of a camper with most of the interior items (fridg, heater, water heater, etc.) being salvaged out before making it to the sandbar. Apparently one rumor (unconfirmed) circulating around town is a few teen aged boys worked very hard to get the camper out on the sandbar to have a place to swim, fish, camp and if true I would suspect hopefully to entertain some teen aged girls. Most years they would have had until late Sept. to get it off the bar before the river rose enough to take it away, but this year has been a bit unusual.

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that info Jay. Good to know it wasn't full of trash and other toxic stuff. I noticed there was a nicely leveled picnic table in front of it. Whoever it was, they had some serious work involved to get it there.
A nice tent would have been a lot easier to deal with, and would have provided plenty of shelter for shenanigans 😜

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,290 Posts
IMO, this set up would have been far better.
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Cloud

My daughter sent me this picture. I don't know if she took the picture herself, or found it online.
But, really, it would have been better, environmentally, than parking even a gutted motor home on a sandbar. (Even with all the toxic stuff removed, it still had the power train, I assume, in order to get it out there.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Did anyone see this article about someone putting a full sized camper on a temporary sandbar in the Ohio River by Evansville? https://www.yahoo.com/news/indiana-sandbar-ohio-river-answer-090015926.html

For the life of me, I can't imagine why someone would go through all of the trouble to get it out there. Recent highwater swept it away. Wish I knew where it ended up, would be some excellent cover for a monster flattie!! :ROFLMAO:

Tom and Dan, did you guys see it out there???
It ended up in Owensboro and they fished it out, well some of it. The rest was claimed by the river

1 - 20 of 21 Posts