Campbell County Park AJ Jolly

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Bengalfan79, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Bengalfan79

Bengalfan79 New Member

State:
    Alexandria, KY(CincyArea)
    I fished AJ Jolly Park for the first time this summer and caught 7 or 8 channel cats. None of the fish were over 15 inches long. I was told that they stocked it a year or 2 ago with several thousand baby channel cats. Does anyone know if there is anything bigger in this lake or about how many channels were put into the lake?

2. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Never fished that lake, just wanted to say WHO DEY!!!! :big_smile:

3. KYCATFISHHUNTER

KYCATFISHHUNTER New Member

State:
    NORTHERN KENTUCKY
    Ive Fished Aj Jolly Alot Until About A Year And A Half. Ive Never Caught Anything That Had Any Size At All. You Catch A Lot Of Yellow Bellies With Chicken Liver, But Thats About It. Hope This Helps.

4. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Dude yellow bellies are fantastic flattie bait.

5. KYCATFISHHUNTER

KYCATFISHHUNTER New Member

State:
    NORTHERN KENTUCKY
    YOU AINT KIDDIN, WHEN I GO HUNTIN FOR FLATTIES, I USUALLY GO AND CATCH A DOZEN OR SO!

6. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    hey where is this lake?? I like to use yellow bellies for bait as well but cant find them in good quantities :big_smile:

7. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Has anyone noticed if there are any shad in AJ Jolly & if so are they big ones?

8. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    aj jolly loaded with big shad yellow bellies by the bucket if u fish the back bank by the over flow on the side u cant drive around loaded with blue cats fishing 5 to 6 feet deep with shad heads burn em up 6 to 15 lbers and off the handicap dock as far as u can cast or in a BOAT straight out in the old creek channel loaded with blues back in the coves try to fish the deeper water blue gill heads for big channels ive caught alot of nice fighting fish not saying any huge bragging fish but alot of pretty cats used to catch 30 and 40 lb shovel heads back in the 1980s havent seen a single shovelhead since the 90s when they drained the lake caught a 19 and 21 lb channel cat in 2001 in the cove past the camping facilities where the old dam is hard lake o fish because of the small channels and yellow bellies nibbling away at ur bait but ucan get into them out there

9. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah shad for blues yellow bellies for shovels love them 9 to 12 inch yellow bellies my favorite where u guys from newpoert here shad running 1 to 7 inches right now cast off the boat ramp any time 4 free

10. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    H.U.F.O. HOOK UP FISH ON

11. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    H.U.F.O. HOOK UP FISH ON

12. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that place is bullhead heaven....i think i had ONE good night campin there and caught a nice mess of channels....